Pump Action Shotgun Patch

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Pump Action Shotgun Patch

Post Sep 29th '17, 02:25

This ShapeFusion patch and physics model replaces the dual wield shotguns with a pump action shotgun. I came across a really nice set of sprites in a forum for zdoom and tweaked them to fit graphically. Below is the forum post and credit to the original sprite artist.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50419

*Edit
Original patch file replaced
Attachments
shotgun_patch_2.zip
(16.68 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by RadBurn on Oct 1st '17, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

RadBurn

Post Oct 1st '17, 15:56

Not sure exactly why but when I try to apply the patch ShapeFusion will often crash, Also, AlpehOne crashes when trying to use the patched Shapes file even when the shotgun sprites have been correctly replaced. But the physics file works fine anyway, although it's a bit disorienting using the normal shotty with different physics. I'm guessing the shotgun was modified to have a tighter spread and more range?

Flowers

Post Oct 1st '17, 16:59

Ok, so I created a second patch with minor tweaks I've made. When I verified it was working it seemed fine. However, when I dug deeper I noticed the sequencing did not patch in which would've made for a really goofy appearance on screen had it worked that far for you. Scratch that updated patch.

I started over with a fresh Infinity shape and after creating a new ( third ) patch things seem to be patching correctly and entirely. Yes the physics tighten the spread as well as alter the shot a bit. Thanks for calling out the problematic patch and hopefully this fresh patch works for you like it does for me ( I double checked ).
Attachments
shotgun_patch_2.zip
(16.68 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
shotgun.png

RadBurn

Return to Artwork and Music