Juggernaut Redesign Concept

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Jul 23rd '12, 01:00

Just fooling around. Wanted to make the Juggernaut more mechanical, with 4 free-moving thrusters on him. I still like how it floats in the games, but wanted to explore alternatives.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Nathan92
MI

Post Jul 23rd '12, 03:46

A very cool design. Also the smile :D

If it were to be put into the game, I could see issues with its animation, as the 4 thrusters would not be able to be animated separately. Split between two purely hovering and two forward thrust could probably work between the idle and moving animations though.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jul 25th '12, 21:06

Wait, are Juggernauts robots, vehicles, or cyborgs?
The guy who is alotted a lot, and I mean"alot,"of rockets to the face.

Furray
West Richland, WA

Post Jul 25th '12, 21:22

Cool design, but it feels a bitâ?¦ human. I think the absence of the black orbs (since it's clearly based on the M1 version) makes it feel a lot less alien. But maybe that's actually what you wanted, like a Pfhor-Human collaboration after the Big War?

SkimmerGrade1 wrote:Wait, are Juggernauts robots, vehicles, or cyborgs?

Robot cyborg vehicles, I'd imagine.

Jk. Like the Pfhor Hunters, I believe it's up for debate.
Last edited by President People on Jul 25th '12, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!

President People

Post Jul 25th '12, 22:36

If you were to flesh that out and give it some color, I'd love to make a wallpaper out of it...

mchief111

Post Jul 29th '12, 06:57

Zott wrote:A very cool design. Also the smile :D

If it were to be put into the game, I could see issues with its animation, as the 4 thrusters would not be able to be animated separately. Split between two purely hovering and two forward thrust could probably work between the idle and moving animations though.

Thanks Zott! Oh, I know, I was just looking at design alternatives.

SkimmerGrade1 wrote:Wait, are Juggernauts robots, vehicles, or cyborgs?

I like the idea of them being bio-mechanical.

President People wrote:Cool design, but it feels a bitâ?¦ human. I think the absence of the black orbs (since it's clearly based on the M1 version) makes it feel a lot less alien. But maybe that's actually what you wanted, like a Pfhor-Human collaboration after the Big War?
Robot cyborg vehicles, I'd imagine.

Jk. Like the Pfhor Hunters, I believe it's up for debate.

Yeah, this was just an experiment. I do prefer the orbs, I wanted to see how it may look if the game was modernized, which isn't necessarily a good thing. Interesting thought though.

Diogenes wrote:If you were to flesh that out and give it some color, I'd love to make a wallpaper out of it...

I do want to do more Marathon themed art eventually, I just need to find the time and an idea.
T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Nathan92
MI

Post Aug 3rd '12, 19:41

From it's inception in M1 I perceived the Juggernauts as floating war zeppelins with a pfhor pilot inside.
VikingBoyBilly

Return to Artwork and Music