Actual Marathon MIDIs

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Jul 12th '08, 14:58

^ BUMP ^
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jul 12th '08, 16:08

Damnit, someone trackdown starman. (MSF?)
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -

Longinus
Ellicott City, MD

Post Oct 24th '08, 01:02

What's with the screwed up files?
When I import them (anywhere) they're majorly FUBAR'ed,
as in pacing being off, notes being lost and whatnot.

What gives?

I'm trying to do a remake of all the tracks (mostly for myself) but I can't get it to work (mind you I've tried 'fixing' the tracks, but it's just not possible, seems like they were programmed fxcked up - as is...)
The best way to predict the future is to prevent it.
Selbstmord

Post Oct 24th '08, 03:59

Edit: Out of idle curiosity (since I am happy with the remixes/remasters we already have) I tossed the tracks into GarageBand and Melody Assistant and they work fine-diddly-ine.
Last edited by Iritscen on Oct 24th '08, 04:27, edited 1 time in total.

Iritscen

Post Oct 24th '08, 17:42

Iritscen wrote:Edit: Out of idle curiosity (since I am happy with the remixes/remasters we already have) I tossed the tracks into GarageBand and Melody Assistant and they work fine-diddly-ine.

Most do, but some need some modifications. I know for a fact that Aliens Again sounds like total ass with the synth models garage band sets it to, but I've never had issues with missing notes. In garageband, at least, you can change the tempo as you please, as well as find synth models that better represent the original song (although you may have to mess around considerably with the presets to get something decent, for a couple songs).

$lave

Post Oct 24th '08, 21:42

Yeah, I am not defending the instrument mapping choices, but of course that's changeable. I just meant that the notes seem to be in fine order. Man, I love this music. So underrated in VG history.

Iritscen

Previous

Return to Artwork and Music