Hunter Head in 3D

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Nov 27th '07, 17:50

I made this hunter head in CB Model Pro today and rendered it in Cinema 4D. Hope you like it.

I'll try making the rest of the body but I don't know if I'm good enough yet.

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Nov 27th '07, 20:24

Not to be rude, but that's a hunter head?
Mordekai

Post Nov 27th '07, 20:28

yeah try looking at a hunter while you model
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Nov 27th '07, 20:49

I wasn't trying to recreate the original. Where's the fun in that?
I might work on it to make it more like the old one but I was trying to make a new design here.
Last edited by thomaslivingston on Nov 27th '07, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Nov 27th '07, 20:53

Tommy-TBone wrote:I wasn't trying to recreate the original.

If it's not supposed to look like a hunter, then, uh, you shouldn't call it a hunter. This isn't difficult to figure out.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 27th '07, 20:55

I wasn't trying to recreate the original precisely, to put it better. What's the problem with it not looking just like the one Bungie made?

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Nov 27th '07, 21:31

Tommy-TBone wrote:I wasn't trying to recreate the original precisely, to put it better. What's the problem with it not looking just like the one Bungie made?

You can make slight differences, but not big ones, and call it a hunter.
You can't make too big of differences and call it a hunter.
[viral]
Ha ha! Peg faces for everyone!
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!

soulblighter

Post Nov 27th '07, 22:39

Soulblighter wrote:You can make slight differences, but not big ones, and call it a hunter.
You can't make too big of differences and call it a hunter.

I agree with Soulblighter. You can make differences to the original design as long as it still resembles what it's supposed to be, however your model doesn't really resemble a hunter head at all.

visciom
Somewhere below the heavens

Post Nov 27th '07, 22:49

Just forget I ever said hunter. How about a "that's good" or "that's shite" or "You could make that better by doing this...." etc.

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Nov 27th '07, 22:58

I actually like it. You could make the rest of the body like you stated earlier, and then you would have made a whole new alien! Keep up the 3D Modeling!!
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post Nov 27th '07, 23:04

Cheers Thug. I'm gonna start on the body as soon as I've got a bit of free time.

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Nov 28th '07, 00:34

You could make the rest of the body like you stated earlier, and then you would have made a whole new alien!

What thug said. Although not a hunter, it looks pretty original... finish up the rest so we can see what you can cook up. That 'new' alien could be used for something TT, I think you know what Long means. [MWuh]
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -

Longinus
Ellicott City, MD

Post Nov 28th '07, 14:28

damn... i like it...
i never been good with 3D modeling, only a pen and paper.
GW and GL.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Dec 4th '07, 12:49

I always saw hunters as a kind of medieval warrior... with plasma weapons. But your picture dose't really keep the same feeling to it.
Last edited by Packard20 on Dec 4th '07, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT

Packard20
Hopefully not where you are!

Post Dec 6th '07, 14:57

Really? I always saw them as a sort of primal beast, kind of like the Halo hunters, except less so. They seemed like commanders in appearance but mindless in action.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Dec 8th '07, 19:03

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Really? I always saw them as a sort of primal beast, kind of like the Halo hunters, except less so. They seemed like commanders in appearance but mindless in action.

Everything is mindless in actions in Marathon. XD You have to use scripting or clever map building in order to make them do anything other than charge directly at the player, or stand in place and pop off shots every now and then.
Axle_Gear

Post Dec 21st '07, 21:55

Personally, I think that, if you're making the art, you have the right to call it and do it however you want to. It could be interpretive for all you guys know. Keep up the good work, I'd love to see the full finished character.
isafos
Soviet Australia

Return to Artwork and Music