We Are Daydreamers

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Here's a little sketch I made in Sketchbook Pro a while back, of the SO day-dreaming. It's not great, but I thought it turned out at least okay:
Screen shot 2013-06-07 at 7.49.15 PM.png
Feel free to comment on it.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Interesting. It says right in the M1 manual that the player has always been a daydreamer, but I usually liken the security officer's dreaming more to nightmares. He tends to dream of dark places, full of fire & brimstone, and nonsensical monsters he can't see that attack him.

In my mental picture of the security officer dreaming, he's standing upright, seemingly lifeless in a tiny metal stasis chamber. Cables plugged into his body monitor his vitals and connect him to the ship's computer. As a battleroid, his mind is a tortured, fragmented mess of grey matter and electronics containing the half-remembered horrors of war going back the equivalent of many generations, yet all experienced firsthand. This is his fate between the brief periods of action when he's needed. Perhaps some day I'll have a chance to express this scene artistically.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Crater Creator wrote:Interesting. It says right in the M1 manual that the player has always been a daydreamer, but I usually liken the security officer's dreaming more to nightmares. He tends to dream of dark places, full of fire & brimstone, and nonsensical monsters he can't see that attack him.

In my mental picture of the security officer dreaming, he's standing upright, seemingly lifeless in a tiny metal stasis chamber. Cables plugged into his body monitor his vitals and connect him to the ship's computer. As a battleroid, his mind is a tortured, fragmented mess of grey matter and electronics containing the half-remembered horrors of war going back the equivalent of many generations, yet all experienced firsthand. This is his fate between the brief periods of action when he's needed. Perhaps some day I'll have a chance to express this scene artistically.
What an interesting idea. Personally, I don't think I could do justice to that kind of image (my focus is more on sketchy, up-tempo stuff, and I don't have that much skill with Photoshop or making realistic images), but I would like to see it done.
treellama
Vidmaster

Crater Creator wrote:In my mental picture of the security officer dreaming, he's standing upright, seemingly lifeless in a tiny metal stasis chamber. Cables plugged into his body monitor his vitals and connect him to the ship's computer. As a battleroid, his mind is a tortured, fragmented mess of grey matter and electronics containing the half-remembered horrors of war going back the equivalent of many generations, yet all experienced firsthand. This is his fate between the brief periods of action when he's needed.
An apt description of an Aleph One developer!
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

It's nice work! I like it.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

SylithSenjak wrote:It's nice work! I like it.
Thanks. Glad you enjoy it! I think it turned out reasonably well, at least compared to some of my other attempts at drawing a human figure. As of yet, I haven't really used many guides, if any, so it's pretty much all freehand. All in all, I'm glad this turned out even half-good.