Any Writers Out There?

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

(I know it's neither art nor music, but there isn't a specific subforum for writing and nowhere else fits any better.)

So - does anyone else write stories in the Marathon universe? I know of the official fic archive, as well as a writer on FF.net and my own efforts, but I was wondering if there might be other writers lurking around.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've got two stories on hand, one of which (titled "I, Slave") I actually emailed to the Fan Fiction Archive (only to receive no reply, as I ought to have expected :P ). If you're interested, here they are:
I, Slave.zip
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Homecoming.zip
(5.6 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
"I, Slave" is about a S'pht Compiler named Ca'naan (I know, it's a direct Biblical reference :rolleyes: ) who discovers his freedom in an... interesting way. "Homecoming" is about Robert Blake being 'debriefed' by UESC military brass and reflecting on the events on Lh'owon and Tau Ceti. Both of these stories follow a very stream-of-conscience manner, which is the style I most enjoy writing.

Hope you like 'em. ;)
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

Thank you, I am sure I will! (But probably tomorrow, as it's a bit late where I am.)

You could always post them to other sites like FF.net - wonder of wonders, it actually does have a Marathon section! And it would be nice to feel like I wasn't almost entirely alone posting. [MLaugh]
Asylum
Cyborg

I write erotic fiction for the Marathon Universe.

Anyone want to collaborate?
(●__●)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(●__●)
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

Asylum wrote:I write erotic fiction for the Marathon Universe.

Anyone want to collaborate?
Sure. [MGrin] We talking xeno, AI romance, or what?
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

My 13th birthday is approaching, so I should be able to sign up for the Fan Fiction Archive soon, at which point I'll upload these two and work on maybe a few more. I'm thinking I might try to establish some background world design and/or plot behind my Ex Pluribus project (which is still on the table as a team project when I'm done with Grendel).
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

PerseusSpartacus wrote:My 13th birthday is approaching, so I should be able to sign up for the Fan Fiction Archive soon, at which point I'll upload these two and work on maybe a few more. I'm thinking I might try to establish some background world design and/or plot behind my Ex Pluribus project (which is still on the table as a team project when I'm done with Grendel).
Excellent! [MUp] I'm definitely looking forward to it.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Signed up a few days early (no one's gonna care if my birthday is only 9 days away, right?) and published both "I, Slave" and "Homecoming". Getting ready to work on something... Vylae-ish. ;)
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

PerseusSpartacus wrote:Signed up a few days early (no one's gonna care if my birthday is only 9 days away, right?) and published both "I, Slave" and "Homecoming". Getting ready to work on something... Vylae-ish. ;)
I am pleased to hear it! Certainly too pleased to care about a measly nine days - what nine days?