Chomber Cover - Marathon Soundtrack

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Chomber Cover - Marathon Soundtrack

Post Sep 1st '16, 19:28

A cover version of Chomber from the M1 soundtrack. A lot of fun to record! Especially since this one's in 7/4 time!

https://soundcloud.com/faffy-shand/chomber-cover

FaffyMcFafferson

Post Sep 1st '16, 23:18

Hey that's badass! You did a great job with the guitars. I also love the build at the one minute mark. You should do more of these if you feel inclined and haven't already!

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Sep 2nd '16, 03:54

Windbreaker wrote:Hey that's badass! You did a great job with the guitars. I also love the build at the one minute mark. You should do more of these if you feel inclined and haven't already!

Thanks man! I'm actually currently working to cover the entire soundtrack. I'll be sure to post tracks on here as I finish them.
Spoiler:
By the way, totally digging your Boognish profile pic

FaffyMcFafferson

Post Sep 2nd '16, 15:44

I am unreasonably excited about this. I love the Marathon soundtrack so much. Craig Hardgrove's 'Leela (acoustic)' was my ringtone for probably a decade, and I actually used to listen to it on a loop for hours.

This cover was fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to any more you produce.

Switch
NYC

Post Sep 2nd '16, 15:45

Also the guitar definitely gave it a Halo vibe. I like seeing the music gap there bridged a bit.

Switch
NYC

Post Sep 2nd '16, 17:34

This is seriously good.

General Tacticus

Post Sep 2nd '16, 22:23

FaffyMcFafferson wrote:Thanks man! I'm actually currently working to cover the entire soundtrack. I'll be sure to post tracks on here as I finish them.

Awesome! I agree with Switch - the guitars definitely have a Halo vibe. I enjoyed the panning and such.

By the way, totally digging your Boognish profile pic

I'm seeing them in San Fran in October! A bunch of my maps are named after their songs/albums, "Back to Basom", "The Pod", "Candi [Land]"

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Sep 3rd '16, 08:02

very cool [MUp]

ukimalefu

Post Sep 6th '16, 04:39

You guys are saying Halo, but I'm really thinking more Starcraft 2 Terran music.

Good stuff, duder!

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Sep 7th '16, 01:55

Mmmm, do I sense a guitar riffing weapon for the Marathon marine? ROCK ON with this cover.

Zott
Earth

Return to Artwork and Music