Post random cool marathon art

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Jan 20th '10, 07:21

the virus failed causing resident evil
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 20th '10, 14:14

And also probably Left for dead.
"Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one."
Formerly Felldoh93
My Deviantart

Caleb
Pennsylvania

Post Jan 20th '10, 14:45

Actually the idea of this virus thing stuck with Bungie and is now in the Halo 7rilogy as the Flood.

xilef

Post Jan 20th '10, 17:15

Here is a planned but then canned creature that was to appear in the original Marathon. Not much else to say about it other than it probably would be tricky to kill.

sgraff

Post Jan 20th '10, 17:36

The Armageddon Beast.

I wonder why they resurrected the Marathon Alpha creature for M1A1 but not the Armageddon Beast, Hound or Alien Crewman for M1A1?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 20th '10, 18:12

Dugit wrote:The Armageddon Beast.

I wonder why they resurrected the Marathon Alpha creature for M1A1 but not the Armageddon Beast, Hound or Alien Crewman for M1A1?

I have not heard of any of these before but I am interested.
What was the Marathon Alpha creature? I didn't see any when I played through M1A1...

EDIT: With a bit of photoshopping together, this is what I put together.

Last edited by sgraff on Jan 20th '10, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

sgraff

Post Jan 20th '10, 18:46

sgraff wrote:I have not heard of any of these before but I am interested.
What was the Marathon Alpha creature? I didn't see any when I played through M1A1...

The Marathon Alpha creature appears in M1A1SE on Arrival (the initial PiD chambers), in Grendel Lives, and in Monster Menagerie (the latter two are both bonus levels). The Marathon Alpha creature was the creature that was seen on the Marathon Alpha (which is parodied on Grendel Lives), before the initial idea of an asteroid base was scrapped for a spaceship.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 20th '10, 19:03

Does anyone have that old poster/ad/art that shows the several unreleased alien species?
I would like to see them, I might have to draw them in my art project I am working on. I remember the walls in the alien spacecraft in the original game shows aliens in a state of stasis. I would have to find what they look like as well...
Last edited by sgraff on Jan 20th '10, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

sgraff

Post Jan 20th '10, 19:31

Here. Look in the bottom left pic.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 20th '10, 21:13

Dugit wrote:The Armageddon Beast.

The orange spider was one of the monsters in the alpha version of marathon, which they 're-created' to some degree of accuracy for M1A1, as a secret level. This level would not have included the Armageddon Best, Hound or Alien Crewman, monster which were dropped to to time and memory constraints.

I'm also not sure that it would be possible for them to get a full set of images for any of those aliens, while (I think) that alpha version of marathon was included with the trilogy on a separate CD.

$lave

Post Jan 21st '10, 02:54

The Armageddon beast looks like a Devillin from Evil.
"Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one."
Formerly Felldoh93
My Deviantart

Caleb
Pennsylvania

Post Jan 21st '10, 03:17

Well I found at least a better version of the above picture now that I knew what I was looking for. I also found what else I could of the Hound.
Unless I am mistaken, it appears as if the Enforcer's weapon wiggles behind him in that picture. Or it is a design on the "hand" of the Juggernaut.

From what I could gather, the Hounds would move quickly and attack with melee attacks. They however cannot climb stairs therefor always move downwards.
The Armageddon beast would shoot strong projectiles or something. Alien engineers are alien bobs. In the image they look like Spht to me.

sgraff

Post Jan 21st '10, 07:24

$lave wrote:I'm also not sure that it would be possible for them to get a full set of images for any of those aliens, while (I think) that alpha version of marathon was included with the trilogy on a separate CD.

They certainly had the image sets for them. But yeah, I think you're right. They've probably disappeared without use.
Last edited by Dugit on Jan 21st '10, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 21st '10, 18:28

lol. Way to go Bungie for spoiling every monster in the game including the final bosses. Wow, I never seen the alien engineer before. Looks like the human cyborgs from M2+MI, but much, much cooler.

In my copy of M1A1 I stumbled onto a map called "a good way to die" with hulk majors in it. And good god, no wonder they got taken out. Those things are ridiculous.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jan 21st '10, 18:40

VikingBoyBilly wrote:In my copy of M1A1 I stumbled onto a map called "a good way to die" with hulk majors in it. And good god, no wonder they got taken out. Those things are ridiculous.

They are truly ammo sinks. I'm still trying to take one down with fists on TC. Can't do it- I can't wait that long.

Also, there's a Drinniol that chucks bouncing grenades and a baby Drinniol. Both are annoying.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Apr 30th '10, 06:54

Sorry if some were already posted. I love marathon artwork, believe it or not these were easy to find.

Exodus2002

Post Apr 30th '10, 09:00

i CAN"T beleve that

!!

screamingfool

Previous

Return to Artwork and Music