Look it's a texture!

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Apr 23rd '09, 18:52

Should be seamless even

ukimalefu

Post Apr 23rd '09, 19:06

probably good to use in MPiD.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 23rd '09, 19:45

It's so cute! ^_^

Are hi-res textures really 1024x1024? Dang, thats huge =0
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Apr 23rd '09, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Apr 24th '09, 00:11

Its Carpet.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Apr 24th '09, 02:56

MoppyPuppy wrote:Its Carpet.

A carpet, courtesy of Nickelodeon Floam.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 24th '09, 03:45

How does it look in repetition, there is a parts that look as though they might catch my eye if it were done in a game like Marathon.

Otherwise, looks squishy.
Last edited by Zott on Apr 24th '09, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Apr 24th '09, 04:00

Any chance you could make a low res version for the ones of us who haven't switched from analog to digital?
Meta

Post Apr 24th '09, 14:42

Meta wrote:Any chance you could make a low res version for the ones of us who haven't switched from analog to digital?

what? analog to digital? huh?

Is this what you want?

ukimalefu

Post Apr 24th '09, 14:52

ukimalefu wrote:what? analog to digital? huh?

We're still on wooden laptops
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Apr 24th '09, 16:12

I hate 1024x1024 textures, because my computer is too slow to handle them. 256x256 is enough for me.

On the texture, it has a nice psychodelic touch to it. I see somekind of strange motion in it. Alien texture no doubt.
Last edited by goran on Apr 24th '09, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Apr 24th '09, 23:13

You can tell if it tiles or not if you go to:

Filters - Other - Offset - Then enter 512 in each field (1/2 of the pictures dimensions). Its probably not the best way to actually make something texture, but its a good way to see if it does or not.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Apr 25th '09, 07:29

Actually, Photoshop's offset 'filter' is precisely the method for making textures seamless that I've heard from artists. I've used it myself and I would say it's the best method. Offset, then erase the cross-shaped seams, then offset again to restore the original positioning.

Crater Creator

Post Apr 25th '09, 18:55

If your texture looks blurry in 1024x1024, maybe you should consider making it 512x512.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Apr 25th '09, 19:13

ukimalefu wrote:what? analog to digital? huh?

Is this what you want?

Analog to digital= Forge to VML and yes, that was what I wanted, thank you. [MGrin]
Meta

Post Apr 26th '09, 00:57

Drictelt wrote:If your texture looks blurry in 1024x1024, maybe you should consider making it 512x512.

I wanted it to look like that...

ukimalefu

Post Apr 26th '09, 09:10

Still, if you make it 512x512, Aleph one will blur it for you, and itll run faster.

Drictelt

Post Apr 26th '09, 18:29

The last texture would look much better if the four squares had the same lightssource. Just saying.

goran

Return to Artwork and Music