why sights on guns?

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

agreed
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Wow, I guess it goes to show, make a negative comment about my posts equals easy kudos to the writer.
Even if the situation doesn't merit it.

CryoS is probably thinking himself as a comedic genius, and WastdJamacan ate it right up.

Like a good little tool.
Last edited by MoppyPuppy on Sep 20th '09, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Haha, you called me a tool

The only reason I agreed with Cryos is because I don't like you, probably never will. You're a smug unhappy little man and you treat people like they were idiots.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Pfheil
Cyborg

Now now, we are ALL idiots.
Scopes are only present on guns because of the tacticool phase the gaming and movie-going community is in right now. Thank god for the waning popularity of laser sights, if I have to watch somebody mutter an expletive on discovering they have an anomalous red dot on their chest ONE MORE TIME...

Well, scopes are also a realism factor; although you may be role-playing as a cyborg too bad-ass to aim, the average pistol wielding joe is going to do their best to make each shot count. They can't splatter brains with their fists quite like you can.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

WastdJamacan wrote:Haha, you called me a tool

The only reason I agreed with Cryos is because I don't like you, probably never will. You're a smug unhappy little man and you treat people like they were idiots.
Quoting the movie "Tommy Boy" will get you nowhere.
For whatever reason you agreed, just look up the dictionary definition of "Tool," look yourself in a mirror and prepare to be surprised.

My comments on this topic were on the same line as everyone else's and then someone took it upon themselves to down play me to see if they could get some attention.

When you "agreed" you made CryoS' pathetic attempt at "Praise me! Someone praise me please!" actually work.

Tool.
CryoS
Vidmaster

oh go finish doog would ya?
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
irons
Vidmaster

I rarely agree with Moppy. I do so reluctantly now. It's pointless to poke at him under any circumstances, but he wasn't being as disruptive as usual this time. The answer most people gave to ellio7t's question were pretty much "aesthetics," in spite of his laughable declaration that aesthetics were a totally uncalled-for reason, and Moppy just summed up everyone else's posts. You guys are the ones causing prahblums this time, I hate to say.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
CryoS
Vidmaster

yeah, i mean kurinn cant always be the trouble maker, so i stepped in for him
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

You know, I really don't like you. telling me what do do will get you nowhere. I just thought that the quote from tommy boy was a fitting line for the situation.

do you mean the literal definition of a tool, or the one commonly used when referring to people?

Now why don't you go do something productive? I never see ANYTHING come from you that benefit's this community. Please, delight me in showing me one thing you've done for the community?
D?rovací tvá?í.
irons
Vidmaster

azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

WastdJamacan wrote:I never see ANYTHING come from you that benefit's this community. Please, delight me in showing me one thing you've done for the community?

Edit: FUCK, irons beat me to it :C
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Sep 20th '09, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

irons wrote:
I know I have improved after something I've done, and I think I've helped others...
D?rovací tvá?í.
irons
Vidmaster

You clearly did not click on the link :(
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

yeah, i did actually. I dont wanna go to africa tho. i just want to help ppl here.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Dodopod
Cyborg

Tell me, MoppyPuppy, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.
Counter Attack on the Meta
irons
Vidmaster

Give it a rest, guys. Christ. I think the accomplishments of just about everyone on the last page (including me) are roughly equal at this point. Why are you people making this a world where I'm defending MoppyPuppy?

Edit: Treellama has informed me that Dodopod's message was a reference to Half-Life 2. This makes me glad: Dodopod always seemed above that kind of thing. BUT THE REST OF YOU ARE STILL IN TROUBLE.
Last edited by irons on Sep 21st '09, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I'm pretty sick of hearing anything about moppy. Just because there are no admins with enough balls to take care of this problem doesn't mean you should continue to make it worse. If you have a problem with moppy, please PM him, because the rest of us don't care what you think. At the very least, use the report button, but don't respond to him. If you're lucky, his post will get deleted. Just like nothing he says has any value, no response to him will ever have any value.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

PM'ing doesnt do anything. Just look at Kurrinn
D?rovací tvá?í.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Then don't do anything. Only an admin can do anything useful, and none of you are one. Also, nice job attacking Kurinn for no reason. That's sure to help.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Oops, dint mean to attack him. just use him as an example.

I guess using him doesn't help
D?rovací tvá?í.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

ellio7t:why in gods name do we even put those things there?
Ah hell no. *SMACK* *SMACK*
why'd you hit me?
*SMACK* youz got bad reputation.
*SMACK BACK* now iz even.
*SMACK* why you smackin him? why am i defending him?
*SMACK* *SMACK* *SMACK* *SMACK*
*PULLS BACK AND SMACKS KURINN BY ACCIDENT*
oh srry.

now everyone stop. its all good.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
CryoS
Vidmaster

G0DSM4CK
Pfheil
Cyborg

Erm... what was this forum about originally?
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
ellio7t
Cyborg

ellio7t wrote:Everyone loves to put scopes on guns. Why? You can't use it, so why cloud the players range of sight. This seems counterintuitive to me. I'm so confused, please explain. Also answers of aesthetic choice from the designer are counterintuitive. I want a logical explanation. I am not trollling, but am looking for are true understanding. If the answer is simply that people like the novelty then state that alone.

hope this topic gets response from content creators from posting in art thread.
Translated: I'm a grumpy fucktard. Why? Booze, weed, cigs could my range of thought. This seems counterintuitive to me. I'm so confused, beacuse of proir stated reasons. Also i was half asleep when i wrote this and apparently just like to say counterintuitive. I want a logical explanation(because I lack the basic elements of intelligent thought). I am not trollling, but other people will.

hope this topic gets response from content creators from posting in art thread.-> fail

Although big props to irons on the scope script. I would love to see a marathon based game with good scoping.
words
ErisOnline
Cyborg

ellio7t wrote:Although big props to irons on the scope script. I would love to see a marathon based game with good scoping.
[attachment=3071:Pfhor_VacBob.jpg]
I'm on it!
Attachments
Pfhor_VacBob.jpg
Pfhor_VacBob.jpg (9.64 KiB) Viewed 8880 times