Night Time Lh'owon

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Dec 29th '09, 10:28

Hello, I am looking for an image file, preferably .jpg, of the Night Time Lh'owon Landscape from Marathon 2 Durandal. I found one once but I lost it quite some time ago. I'd like to set it as my desktop so I need it in a large resolution, preferably 1680 x 1050.

I've been looking for it for quite some time but I can't find it for the life of me so I figured it would make sense to ask here.

If you have the image or an idea of where I might find it, please tell me. I love this particular landscape and I simply must have it. :P

Insomniac

Post Dec 29th '09, 11:27

Although I'm not sure, have you got Anvil (for OS9 only) or ShapeFusion? Because then, you could get the image itself and Photoshop it.

Or, you could remove the HUD, and use rebellion on a custom made map that is just Lh'owon landscape (don't get your fists up, then you'll have a clear screen). Have it set to 'fill screen', and take a screenshot.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 29th '09, 11:53

I used method two; took four screenshots. Have fun; just click on the attached file. The four are inside; they are .png type. Try changing them to .jpg in Photoshop or The Gimp, if .png doesn't work for you.

Vale,
Dugit
Attachments
Nightime_Lh__owon.zip
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 29th '09, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 29th '09, 14:41

You probably mean this, the version from Tim Vogel's landscape enhancement package. Whatever size is in there (which I believe is far below 1680x1050) is as big as it gets; he never released anything larger.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Dec 29th '09, 14:44

My screenshots are full screen size, easily what you need for desktop, but then again, it's not the whole landscape.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 29th '09, 15:45

He may also have a larger desktop then you. In which case, the screen shots would look pretty bad.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Dec 29th '09, 16:09

his screenshots of the original nighttime landscapes will look kind of gross cartoony no matter their size, since alephone is already doing a serious magnification of the tiny bitmaps stored in the shapes file
Last edited by thermoplyae on Dec 29th '09, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Dec 29th '09, 16:19

Megabyte wrote:He may also have a larger desktop then you. In which case, the screen shots would look pretty bad.

thermoplyae wrote:his screenshots of the original nighttime landscapes will look kind of gross cartoony no matter their size, since alephone is already doing a serious magnification of the tiny bitmaps stored in the shapes file

Well, do they look bad?

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 29th '09, 18:54

Dugit wrote:I used method two; took four screenshots. Have fun; just click on the attached file. The four are inside; they are .png type. Try changing them to .jpg in Photoshop or The Gimp, if .png doesn't work for you.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's the Infinity landscape and he asked for the M2 landscape.

$lave

Post Dec 29th '09, 19:00

Dang. Never mind, he can do it himself, using the same method. Then, he'll have it at his screen size.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 30th '09, 00:17

I don't have Photoshop or any of these other programs. I'm on Vista, not Mac. :P

As for the images you attached those are of Infinity. I'm looking for this: http://phobos-romulus.deviantart.com/art/A...dscape-41253936

Except... not so cartoony. lol

Insomniac

Post Dec 30th '09, 01:02

I will paste my link a second time, which I'm now even more convinced contains the images you want.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Dec 30th '09, 04:25

thermoplyae wrote:I will paste my link a second time, which I'm now even more convinced contains the images you want.

Posting it a second time was completely unnecessary considering that I've already downloaded that multiple times. It does NOT contain the image I'm looking for.

Insomniac

Post Dec 30th '09, 05:13

Is this what ya want?
Attachments
Shape_night.jpg
Shape_night.jpg (695.63 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Marathon Player Since 1995.

If You Are Always Dying in The Game, You Are Not a Bad Player, You Are Learning.

Sharkie Lino
Long Island, New York

Post Dec 30th '09, 05:52

You should have said something. :( Oh well.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Dec 30th '09, 06:05

Sharkie Lino wrote:Is this what ya want?

That's the ticket! Thank you Sharkie. :D

Insomniac

Post Dec 30th '09, 13:44

Sharkie Lino wrote:Is this what ya want?

Oh, that one. [MGrin]

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 30th '09, 14:09

Insomniac wrote:That's the ticket! Thank you Sharkie. :D

Anytime [MSmile]

If You Are Always Dying in The Game, You Are Not a Bad Player, You Are Learning.

Sharkie Lino
Long Island, New York

Post Dec 30th '09, 16:32

I must admit that the Infinity Lh'owon landscapes are far to drab for my liking. I certainly prefer this- if only Bungie had just remastered the original ones.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 30th '09, 17:43

I loved the yellow one with the skyscrapers.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 30th '09, 20:59

Envy wrote:I loved the yellow one with the skyscrapers.

The daytime one.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 30th '09, 22:49

oh I have that one too [MWuh]
Attachments
Shape.jpg
Shape.jpg (239.04 KiB) Viewed 4094 times

Sharkie Lino
Long Island, New York

Post Dec 31st '09, 09:48

I loved that one. I'd stay infront of the windows on The Hard Stuff Rules... for ages, just looking in awe at the landscape.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 31st '09, 13:13

The ones from Marathon: Durandal XBLA are in full color. They are my favorite graphical enhancement in that game.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 1st '10, 03:17

Treellama wrote:The ones from Marathon: Durandal XBLA are in full color. They are my favorite graphical enhancement in that game.

You can, apparently, get them off of your xbox somehow. Were you the one that posted the tutorial?

gmanyo

Next

Return to Artwork and Music