Pump Action Shotgun Patch

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
RadBurn
Cyborg

This ShapeFusion patch and physics model replaces the dual wield shotguns with a pump action shotgun. I came across a really nice set of sprites in a forum for zdoom and tweaked them to fit graphically. Below is the forum post and credit to the original sprite artist.

credits
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50419

*edit download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s3ruy1bc4ffg ... n.zip?dl=0
Last edited by RadBurn on Jan 22nd '20, 05:53, edited 2 times in total.
Flowers
Cyborg

Not sure exactly why but when I try to apply the patch ShapeFusion will often crash, Also, AlpehOne crashes when trying to use the patched Shapes file even when the shotgun sprites have been correctly replaced. But the physics file works fine anyway, although it's a bit disorienting using the normal shotty with different physics. I'm guessing the shotgun was modified to have a tighter spread and more range?
RadBurn
Cyborg

Ok, so I created a second patch with minor tweaks I've made. When I verified it was working it seemed fine. However, when I dug deeper I noticed the sequencing did not patch in which would've made for a really goofy appearance on screen had it worked that far for you. Scratch that updated patch.

I started over with a fresh Infinity shape and after creating a new ( third ) patch things seem to be patching correctly and entirely. Yes the physics tighten the spread as well as alter the shot a bit. Thanks for calling out the problematic patch and hopefully this fresh patch works for you like it does for me ( I double checked ).

*edit
Attachments
shotgun.png
Last edited by RadBurn on Jan 22nd '20, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

RadBurn wrote:This ShapeFusion patch and physics model replaces the dual wield shotguns with a pump action shotgun. I came across a really nice set of sprites in a forum for zdoom and tweaked them to fit graphically. Below is the forum post and credit to the original sprite artist.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50419

*Edit
Original patch file replaced
Is there a way to have both the normal shotty and the dual super shotguns together? Having all of them would be useful, even if the normal shotgun was an item to add to any shapes file, especially custom ones for use in mods.

It'd be like DUSK but with the shotgun types swapped around.
The Man
Vidmaster

Yeah, it’s just a matter of adding new bitmaps, frames, and sequences to the shapes file in ShapeFusion, then editing the physics (and MML, to make sure the correct player animations show up in net games) on a level-by-level basis. That’s how I have about fifteen weapons in Chronicles – the game uses different sets of weapons during different periods of the story. I don’t know how this would work using a patch specifically; I have yet to play around with Aleph One shapes patches at all.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

The Man wrote:Yeah, it’s just a matter of adding new bitmaps, frames, and sequences to the shapes file in ShapeFusion, then editing the physics (and MML, to make sure the correct player animations show up in net games) on a level-by-level basis. That’s how I have about fifteen weapons in Chronicles – the game uses different sets of weapons during different periods of the story. I don’t know how this would work using a patch specifically; I have yet to play around with Aleph One shapes patches at all.
Sounds good. How is Chronicles coming along by the way? It sounds interesting and it would make a good continuation of Eternal and Rubicon. Which Rubicon ending does it follow from?
RadBurn
Cyborg

I was looking at this patch of mine and I couldn't get it to work. I went ahead and uploaded a patched Infinity Shapes file to replace the questionable patch. I also made a couple extra tweaks to this modification in the direction I wanted it to go.

I would like to see about using MML to adjust how the ammunition for the shotgun is displayed on the HUD. If anyone knows how I can get started on that I would greatly appreciate it.