Envy's Hires Player Sprites

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Nov 30th '10, 14:41

You can have different sprites for each color table if you use replacement texture MML. The only restriction is they all need to be the same aspect ratio as the sprite they replace.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 30th '10, 14:57

Ok. Forget my previous statement, then.

I'd prefer every player to have the same armor.
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Nov 30th '10, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Post Jan 17th '11, 06:51

Noted, Chinkeeyong, but I got a bit too creative with squares and made the set for orange.
Also, the Magnum's color choices are a mess, but the shapes are all there. I've been working on the white one, but the shapes are complicated, so that will take awhile longer.
Suggestions are welcome.
Attachments
Screen_shot_2011_01_17_at_1.46.28_AM.png
Screen_shot_2011_01_17_at_1.46.28_AM.png (167.47 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
Screen_shot_2011_01_17_at_1.42.38_AM.png
Screen_shot_2011_01_17_at_1.42.38_AM.png (124.57 KiB) Viewed 6806 times
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Feb 12th '11, 18:52

That is a sexy, sexy pistol, but I think the back of the slide needs to look more rounded, instead of having those fin-like things.

On a less-related note, I still don't get why the Marathon pistol has two trigger guards when there's only one trigger. Considering how many weird little features every gun in Marathon has, and how much these features have been discussed over at the Story Page, I'm a bit surprised I've never seen anything about that trigger guard. At least it makes the pistol look really distinctive.

EDIT: I think the pistol grip also looks a little too boxy compared to the original. It's a little too Glock-like, if you know what I mean, while the original was rounder, especially at the back of the grip where the palm of the shooter's hand would rest. Also, looking at the original M2 pistol again, I noticed that there's a THIRD trigger guard-like ring underneath the primary trigger guard. Based on its placement, it looks like the middle finger is supposed to rest inside of it, maybe to make it harder to drop the gun or something.
Last edited by SellOutBoy on Feb 12th '11, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

SellOutBoy

Post Feb 12th '11, 19:22

SellOutBoy wrote:Based on its placement, it looks like the middle finger is supposed to rest inside of it, maybe to make it harder to drop the gun or something.

Ironic, since BoBs drop their guns all the time. A little "nudge" with my fist as I run past and-- whoops! there's a gun on the ground!
Aleph One:  Download 1.2.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more

Hopper

Post Feb 12th '11, 19:32

BoBs have so many recessive genes from their inbreeding, they're missing digits. The original designers of the gun didn't take that into account.
Last edited by irons on Feb 12th '11, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 12th '11, 21:29

You can say that again. Especially the ones with two toes; those guys just aren't right in the head.

Crater Creator

Post Feb 13th '11, 16:34

Shouldn't you ask visciom for his models to use in hand. Just for continuity's sake.
That is a very fine pistol though.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Feb 13th '11, 23:19

Dugit wrote:That's much better- the anorexic marine we know and love. :)

This can be explained away by yelling "Low-G Adaptation" and running away.

As for the pistol, the 2nd trigger guard is easy to explain. Basic firearm safety rules dictate that you don't put your finger within the trigger guard until you're ready to fire. The natural place to put your trigger finger when you aren't firing is along the side of the pistol. The 2nd guard is just a place to put your finger.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob

SirBlastalot
Currently marooned on Earth, please assist!

Post Feb 14th '11, 12:31

SirBlastalot wrote:This can be explained away by yelling "Low-G Adaptation" and running away.

As for the pistol, the 2nd trigger guard is easy to explain. Basic firearm safety rules dictate that you don't put your finger within the trigger guard until you're ready to fire. The natural place to put your trigger finger when you aren't firing is along the side of the pistol. The 2nd guard is just a place to put your finger.

That makes sense. I was also thinking that maybe when firing the gun two-handed, one could put the index finger of their off-hand in the second guard for...I don't know, stability? I don't know if that would be comfortable. Your answer makes more sense to me.

SellOutBoy

Post Feb 14th '11, 23:45

Needs a chin gaurd. And sould there be a mask for under water, and vacumes? And how the hell is he gonna carry so many guns and so much ammo without some pocket or pouch or holster to put them in? Gotta consider these things. [spnkr]
The guy who is alotted a lot, and I mean"alot,"of rockets to the face.

Furray
West Richland, WA

Post Jul 21st '11, 03:13

Been awhile, eh? I decided the marine was pathetic and scrapped that version, and am currently trying to recreate the body armor so it looks the same. I also completed the AR, and have more recently fixed the front barrel, but the picture I have is of the anorexic barrel that no self-respecting grenade would ever allow itself to go through, at least, without discharging. I've also removed about half of the clips from the marine, but it takes my program a good 10 minutes to start up and I'm busy.
More to come.
Attachments
Screen_shot_2011_07_02_at_1.10.34_AM.png
Screen_shot_2011_07_02_at_1.10.34_AM.png (116.22 KiB) Viewed 6800 times
Screen_shot_2011_06_14_at_2.49.33_PM.png
Screen_shot_2011_06_14_at_2.49.33_PM.png (658.46 KiB) Viewed 6802 times

envy

Post Jul 21st '11, 12:10

Bring the visor in closer to the sides of the head. Other than that it's looking good.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Jul 21st '11, 15:51

Dis wrote:Bring the visor in closer to the sides of the head. Other than that it's looking good.

I agree.

Well, also make the armor a bit more dirty and dented. For a bit I though "stormtrooper!"

Get some inspiration for the helmet and armor colors here:

http://marathon.bungie.org/temp/cmullins.html?image=marine2

ukimalefu

Post Jul 21st '11, 20:18

i have noticed in the hi-res weapons graphics that the marines wrist is a shiny green metalic arm. if you could, try and match the marines arms with that.

just a suggestion...
If I had a rocket launcher, I'd make myself pay.

unclenate
AZ, USA, Earth

Post Jul 21st '11, 20:43

Etan wrote:i have noticed in the hi-res weapons graphics that the marines wrist is a shiny green metalic arm. if you could, try and match the marines arms with that.

just a suggestion...

Any color you want, as long as its bla... no, it can actually be any color you want.
I'd like to point out that Visicom's sprites are pretty disgusting, polygon-wise. Don't use them for reference. Anyways, I'm in the middle of remaking the pistol, and none of your ideas make any sense. Whats that third hole doing up in front of the trigger? That'd be a painful reach, if you ask me. I'm sure the one below is for the middle finger, as the handle is of an appropriate shortness, but whats with that third one?
Attachments
Screen_shot_2011_07_21_at_4.38.18_PM.png
Screen_shot_2011_07_21_at_4.38.18_PM.png (143.6 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
Last edited by envy on Jul 21st '11, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

envy

Post Jul 22nd '11, 23:58

It's best to put on all the dings and grunge AFTER the final shape of the marine.
Until next time...

RAITHE [Pfhor Military Base AI Ver. 4.2]

raithe

Post Jul 23rd '11, 13:40

The original sprite shows something that looks quite a bit thinner/less halo 2-ey and much more grungy and battered.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

Dis

Post Jul 23rd '11, 18:34

The original is a silly jumpsuit with no protection whatsoever.

envy

Post Jul 23rd '11, 21:34

I was under the impression that that was what you were modeling. Plus, who needs armor when you've got some sort of energy shield system that's never quite fully explained. ;p

Dis

Post Jul 29th '11, 13:23

"envy" wrote:
I didn't know the turret the grenades popped out of was so small. It looks too narrow for the grenades to even fit through. I don't know if it's just your rendition or if the AR was already originally like that. (I'm a bit late to the party on that pic, I know. I haven't kept tabs on this thread for ages.)
VikingBoyBilly

Post Aug 3rd '11, 03:11

I've made that change and added more detail since that picture.
In this new, Village-People style render, my new "Silly Jumpsuit" model can be seen after the white suit, before the red suit. I particularly like the orange, even though the unfinished helmet gives him the persona of a Maasai Warrior. I plan on mohawk-ing two cut square plates to the sides, keeping with the rest of the theme. I could imagine the BoB's made protection for themselves out of anything available to them when they were attacked. I also know that every large, naval vessel had a metal shop in them, so I cant imagine an entire colony ship went without one as well. I particularly liked the older models I did, so I'm keeping some of them as some of the colors. I have all of the colors I care to make as of now, and I'll just color some models differently for purple and slate, and that about covers them. I've yet to make half the weapons, but I think I've found someone who was making a 3d marathon mod for some extraneous game engine, and I may just use his, as they look acceptable. After that theres almost nothing to it, and I simply have to take a bunch of screenshots with a blue background. I will need someone's help making it into a plugin like all the rest of the enhancements, If anyone would like to volunteer for some street cred, they'd be rewarded with the label of cohort.
Attachments
Screen_shot_2011_08_02_at_10.40.57_PM.png
Screen_shot_2011_08_02_at_10.40.57_PM.png (436.89 KiB) Viewed 6815 times

envy

Post Aug 3rd '11, 03:16

This would make a great replacement PCR for the [gay] clan.

Wrkncacnter

Post Aug 3rd '11, 03:18

Last edited by envy on Aug 3rd '11, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

envy

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Music