Envy's Hires Player Sprites

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.

Post Aug 3rd '11, 14:22

The jumpsuit model looks best imo. What's up with 360 degree visor? I haven't looked closely at the low res bitmaps. Is that what the marine wears?

goran

Post Aug 3rd '11, 18:01

It most certainly is. I'm no fan, but thats what it is. I was thinking about putting the aviator-glasses on my more awesome model, though. The sillyjumpsuit needs a few more details before it's ready, like the manacles. They're just knuckles with a splint-like metal bar tied down the forearm? Easy. Interpreting the boots is a bit more of a challenge. I think those 4 gray dots are small servo motors that tie his boots for him.

Edit: And, after a long day of cloth study, I give you the final legs of the new 3d sprites. I'll not put up all of them for the health of the bandwidth, but here are the highlights.
Attachments
Screen_shot_2011_08_04_at_12.38.15_AM.png
Screen_shot_2011_08_04_at_12.38.15_AM.png (93.72 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
Screen_shot_2011_08_04_at_12.38.42_AM.png
Screen_shot_2011_08_04_at_12.38.42_AM.png (81.12 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
Screen_shot_2011_08_03_at_11.55.07_PM.png
Screen_shot_2011_08_03_at_11.55.07_PM.png (69.5 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
Last edited by envy on Aug 4th '11, 04:43, edited 1 time in total.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Aug 4th '11, 05:36

Treellama wrote:Why are they holding hands?

W wrote:This would make a great replacement PCR for the [gay] clan.

Envy wrote:He is a Marine, isn't he?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

[attachment=4994:gay.jpg]
Attachments
gay.jpg
gay.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 3462 times

Ares Ex Machina

Post Aug 4th '11, 11:08

Why do you view the earth from the back side? (muahaha)
Last edited by Drictelt on Aug 4th '11, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Aug 4th '11, 14:52

Envy wrote:And, after a long day of cloth study, I give you the final legs of the new 3d sprites.

I admit, based on the WIPs I didn't have high hopes for the finished product. But Mr. Greenan White's legs here look pretty damn good.
Aleph One:  Download 1.2.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more

Hopper

Post Aug 12th '11, 22:26

As it turns out the person working on the Max Payne conversion has desisted his efforts towards the project and has moved on to something else, or has died, so I have to make all the guns again. I leave for Vermont tomorrow, so I could emerge from the 12 hours of car-ride with the marine entirely done and posed, or I could squander my time and finish half of Macgyver: Season 4, or I could do a full replay of Geneforge or Avernum. Were I devoted enough I'd delete all of these things before I leave, but...

envy

Post Aug 14th '11, 23:51

Envy wrote:Geneforge or Avernum.

In 12 hours? Madness.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Aug 24th '11, 04:09

What happened to the updates Envy?
"We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart."

TychoVII
Pittsburgh, PA

Post Aug 25th '11, 18:57

Can't wait for this to be implemented!

I guess sprites are better and more old-school than ugly angular blurry things for characters in Marathon: Resurrection.

Any updates? Are you considering to make any of the monsters?

Volo

Post Oct 13th '11, 02:42

Holy cr8p, this project looks promising. Those legs in motion are right on. Keep this up and you'll further Marathon one notch higher!

Umbra

Post Nov 6th '11, 16:01

This is great! Awesome work.

If there ever is a high-res remake of Marathon, the developer should integrate your model into the game. Or at least have you doing concept art.

AdmiralGFM
Terra

Post Nov 14th '11, 21:52

There is already a high-res version of marathon... sorta.
Check Simplici7y for high res art. Either under plug-ins or enhancements.
My personal favorite is TTEP( Total texture enhancement package).
There is one for each marathon, in easy icons each , so you can use the ones you like or for a 3rd party scenario.
listener

Post Nov 23rd '11, 18:07

AdmiralGFM wrote:If there ever is a high-res remake of Marathon, the developer should integrate your model into the game. Or at least have you doing concept art.

I really can't stop laughing at this.
Anyways, I'll have the green guy well adjusted to his 2d form by the weekend, and for all the guns I haven't modeled yet, I'll substitute approximated rectangles colored like them until I do.
It was not yesterday that I found the wonderful feature in Preview which allows me to set the background alpha myself.
Hell, give me until 9pm tonight, and I'll have it done.

Edit: My extended family preemptively showed up not 6 [?7] minutes after I posted this, and expected a meal.
With that, I'm busy through the next two days. I haven't forgotten, though.
Last edited by envy on Nov 24th '11, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.

envy

Post Dec 14th '11, 02:15

Just realized that an update is needed to be forthcoming.

Please?
listener

Previous

Return to Artwork and Music