Death to the Mouse Wheel

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm curious to know if there is a way to turn off mouse wheel functionality in Aleph One.

I'm using the Magic Mouse with all of it's multitouch goodness, but for some reason it's nothing but trouble with Aleph One. Switching weapons when I don't want to, and more importantly switching settings in VML when I don't want to. I really like the whole touch-pad-on-my-mouse thing, but I don't like the fact that there is no real tactile feedback save for what little friction exists between the slick surface and my fingertips.
I don't want to have to toggle scrolling in Mouse preferences each time I switch applications, so I'm wondering if there is a way to do it in Aleph One so that I don't have to deal with the results of my obviously inept mouse-fu.
lpowell
Spazeroid

I'd like to be able to disable this functionality as well, for the same reason as the OP. I'm sure it's great if your mouse has a wheel, but with a Magic Mouse it'll randomly switch weapons at the slightest movement of my finger in the wrong place. I know I can just disable mouse scrolling in System Preferences, but that's a hassle. I shouldn't not be able to unmap a control function I can map to something else anyway.

e: huge bump, did not notice that was from 2010, oh well. That's what search brings you...
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Darn, and I thought Kurinn was back. [MFrown]
I sympathize, but do you play other games with a Magic Mouse? I always figured all the extra multitouch functionality would get in the way in most any game.
lpowell
Spazeroid

I play most games with it. It is an issue sometimes, but for example with the Half-Life games I can remap the weapon switching to something else and it doesn't get in the way.

The main issue I have with it though is the fact that the two "buttons" are encased under the same continuous piece of plastic, making it impossible to click on both at the same time. This makes for example shooting both pistols or shotguns at the same time impossible in Marathon—not AlephOne's fault by any means, of course. :P

Not the best mouse for gaming for sure.
treellama
Vidmaster

We only had one-button mice when playing Marathon Infinity. I used the space bar as the second trigger. You can configure that in Aleph One, but there's no way to disable the weapon switch yet :(