Marathon 1 needs a serious facelift.

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Re: Marathon 1 needs a serious facelift.

Post Nov 25th '17, 14:37

Drinniol does look pretty decent in that screenshot

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 26th '17, 02:15

treellama wrote:Drinniol does look pretty decent in that screenshot

It's funny because I accidentally wrote
Code: Select all
<texture coll="15" clut="0" bitmap="9" normal_image="15/0/3.dds" opac_type="0"/>
<texture coll="15" clut="1" bitmap="9" normal_image="15/1/3.dds" opac_type="0"/>
<!--instead of the intended result below-->
<texture coll="15" clut="0" bitmap="3" normal_image="15/0/3.dds" opac_type="0"/>
<texture coll="15" clut="1" bitmap="3" normal_image="15/1/3.dds" opac_type="0"/>

And now there's a lower res frame in the hulks walk cycle. Fixing it now.

Would you know anything about the marine's torso z-fighting with the legs? I'm getting a combing effect on the lower back when viewing in third person.
Flippant Sol

Post Jan 4th '18, 10:57

Mind if I make hopefully temporary use of your XBR sprites for my project? I would do something prettier but I'm pushing for an alpha by Saturday.

ravenshining
Hawai'i

Post Jan 5th '18, 04:12

ravenshining wrote:Mind if I make hopefully temporary use of your XBR sprites for my project? I would do something prettier but I'm pushing for an alpha by Saturday.

You have my permission to use them. Would you mind DMing me what you're working on? Sounds interesting.
Flippant Sol

Previous

Return to Aleph One Discussion