LUA + MML

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Skirge
Spazeroid

What might one enter in a .lua script to make a net scoring system for killing monsters?
Vladtepes
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:I think this should have been in a new thread :)
Anyway, look for the monster_killed(monster, aggressor_player, projectile) trigger, or the whole lua documentation in general...
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

is this the mml for changing the view angle for up/down? I really want to know so I can texture properly in VML

half_vertical_visual_arc: the vertical angle from horizontal that the guided-projectile targeting will use0 to look for in a target; it is in Marathon's angle units, where 90 degrees = 128 (default: 28/3 = 42)

it talks about guided projectiles, but i dint know if it also included your view
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
irons
Vidmaster

No. Changing how far up or down it is possible to look occurs in the "physics" section of the Physics file.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Oh. That's easier than I anticipated it would be.
D?rovací tvá?í.
irons
Vidmaster

Just be warned that extreme variations on the 42.66666 +/- degrees look really, really bad. You'll see what I mean.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

dammit. i cant find it. PhysicsEditorEnglish is so hard to understand, and the numbers aren't the same as anvil. I may have to get on my old desktop and sheepshaver and make one in anvil

EDIT: I think I know what will happen. the camera that you view through is placed roughly inside the head of the player. if you look up more than the norm, you begin to view his face/body. is that correct?
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Sep 13th '09, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.
irons
Vidmaster

WastdJamacan wrote:EDIT: I think I know what will happen. the camera that you view through is placed roughly inside the head of the player. if you look up more than the norm, you begin to view his face/body. is that correct?
No. The worldview becomes increasingly distorted as you look farther up or down. Also, landscapes get cut off at the top or bottom. It doesn't sound so bad, but it is so disorienting that almost anything more than the default is useless. Feel free to mess around, because that's how I learned, but I'm warning you now not to expect much.
treellama
Vidmaster

WastdJamacan wrote:dammit. i cant find it. PhysicsEditorEnglish is so hard to understand, and the numbers aren't the same as anvil. I may have to get on my old desktop and sheepshaver and make one in anvil

EDIT: I think I know what will happen. the camera that you view through is placed roughly inside the head of the player. if you look up more than the norm, you begin to view his face/body. is that correct?
Not in the slightest.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Yeah, I figured it out. But, I can live with it because it helps me texture hard to reach places
D?rovací tvá?í.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Lua doc is gone. Me gustaría tenerlo.

EDIT: Does this go through what the other one did?
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Sep 2nd '10, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.
treellama
Vidmaster

No that's superold. Click on my blog, there's a link on the left hand side. It also comes with Aleph One, if you have that.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

So this?
D?rovací tvá?í.
treellama
Vidmaster

That's not the one linked from my blog.

http://marathon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc...k/docs/Lua.html

It has new stuff that isn't in the release, but it's all marked as such.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Is it possible to output all of the values for custom fields in a lua script to a text file? I think this might be very useful for checking bugs when a print check would be impractical.
treellama
Vidmaster

Hmm--Lua I/O is enabled for solo scripts in SVN, so that's half of what you need. I don't know that there's a way to access the tables to iterate custom fields, though.

But! If you save the game, they're all there in the SLUA chunk. Get out your hex editor? :)

Edit: Lua 5.2 will respect a __pairs metatable method that will enable us to allow you to iterate through custom fields. Unfortunately, Lua 5.2 isn't done yet, and definitely won't make it into the next release.
Last edited by treellama on Feb 16th '11, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.