Where do they go?

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

thermoplyae wrote:lol internet
Let's all play on the same map, which I will send to none of you. >:( Don't steal my maps. >:( On the Internet. >:(
See though, the whole point I was trying to make in the start, which I'll now have to talk to Treellama about personally thanks to the stupidity of certain people in this thread, is that there is a difference between the fact that it is theoretically always possible to modify A1 to save maps transferred in game, since they obviously must be sent to play, vs. actually including that as a feature, which I think is unnecessary and will cause problems. It is very very similar to how A1 has macros, but they are purposely difficult to use because we don't want everybody to know how to type the same thing over and over again.

I feel like, in both of these situations, the solution is to fully implement the feature, make it wholly user friendly, but then give the game gatherer control over the feature.

Also see this thread: http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2241
Last edited by kineticturtle on Jun 16th '07, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

I apologise for my stupidity.

I'm working on posting efficiently, so i'm letting the following ppl privatly comment on my post content if i say somthing completly idiotic:

RyokoTK
Kinetic Turtle
Greyswandir
Appleswitch
Treellama
irons
Can't speel for hist.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Phortiphy wrote:I apologise for my stupidity.

I'm working on posting efficiently, so i'm letting the following ppl privatly comment on my post content if i say somthing completly idiotic:

RyokoTK
Kinetic Turtle
Greyswandir
Appleswitch
Treellama
irons
Well I get to comment too dont I? I made the first comment [MAngry] .
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Fine. PM's only, plz.
Last edited by Phortiphy on Jun 16th '07, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

I feel like, in both of these situations, the solution is to fully implement the feature, make it wholly user friendly, but then give the game gatherer control over the feature.
Another attempt to say something meaningful to the topic... THWARTED!
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Well, I would have tryed to stay on topic if Treellama was still here. As it is, we should probably abandon ship. I may have misunderstood his next-to-last post, when he said transmitted, it wasn't very clear what he was reffering too. I thought he already put it in a RC, and is waiting to improve it more before putting it out. If that was true, I was brainstorming with other people on how, exactly, to do it, and improving on the current idea. Argument is the greatest helper of think tanks, because you can disprove, prove, and combine ideas. But on the other hand, Kinetic Turtle, you were being contrary to all the ideas that TL was putting out on how to protect your maps. There's a difference between argument and just being contrary based on, as irons said, paranoia. And even if it did get out due to the owners stupidity or an error or a bug in the machine, we're in a small community, folks, it's not like if a map gets circulated, it's maker isn't going to know about it. Can't you just sign it, like they did in Trojan?
Can't speel for hist.
irons
Vidmaster

You know what's funny? Almost ten years later and as far as I know no one uses this feature. I guess I cried about people stealing my maps for nothing.