Alright, I'm stuck

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Alright, I'm stuck

Post Aug 11th '13, 23:21

i downloaded all three Marathons in the latest release in which they are all-in-one apps (Mac) and i am now completely thrown off on how to work with them. i can't figure out how to play on other maps besides the stock map file that was included in there.

I went to the full release notes page which had a link to inform me on the new datafile locations, however the site never showed up when i clicked on it.

unclenate
AZ, USA, Earth

Post Aug 12th '13, 00:20

Here are three ways to pick another map:

1. Drag and drop the map on the application, which will select it in Preferences for that run
  2. Right click on the application, choose "Show Package Contents", and navigate to Contents/Resources/DataFiles. Put the map in there, and it should show up in the map selector in Preferences. This will make it available to all users.
  3. Put the map in the location listed in the wiki for your game. It should show up in the map selector in Preferences. This will only make the map available for the current user.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 14th '13, 00:52

Understood, and thanks.

unclenate
AZ, USA, Earth

Return to Aleph One Discussion