M1 EMFH Shapes borked.

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

M1 EMFH Shapes borked.

Post Jun 5th '14, 20:26

I was just playing with a friend introducing him to the series, and discovered that Multi player wasn't quite there. I understand that coop in marathon was always non existent, but in emfh, I experience all these weird shapes glitches. We are both using fresh copies from source.bungie.org. Any one else experience this?

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Jun 5th '14, 22:03

You've got an M2/Infinity physics model loaded. Check your environment and plugins.

Hopper

Post Jun 5th '14, 22:56

As far as I can tell, it's the Physics.phys file embeded in the OSX .app. At least it's the only option and listed under the DataFiles folder. If it were an issue, wouldn't it appear in singleplayer? I don't think it's on his end as the m1 windows package was the only he downloaded, and host physics takes precedence I'm sure.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Jun 8th '14, 19:27

can anyone verify if this is indeed a problem? I tried it on a fresh OSX install.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Jun 9th '14, 04:11

Tonight in the meta, I heard 2 users talking about, what I believe to be the same problem while playing the 1.1 M1. They said something along the lines of "the sprites are glitchy", and "the pistols fires sideways". They were also using the Windows version too if that helps any. That's the best info I can give.
Marathon Player Since 1995.

If You Are Always Dying in The Game, You Are Not a Bad Player, You Are Learning.

Sharkie Lino
Long Island, New York

Post Nov 8th '14, 03:53

herecomethej2000 wrote:can anyone verify if this is indeed a problem? I tried it on a fresh OSX install.

This is a problem still. If I load a multiplayer with the control + shift (command + option) level select with the default, included M1 Physics, it's fine. When I play actual multiplayer, it doesn't work. If it's the physics model, how do you change the physics model for multiplayer?

Otherwise, I guess sticking to M1A1 is the only way to go?
Roses are rose red
Poems don't always make sense
Refridgerator
Dan
California

Return to Aleph One Discussion