Marathon 1 Co-op doesn't work

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Marathon 1 Co-op doesn't work

Post Nov 26th '14, 00:42

Hey guys, long time no talk. I just downloaded the latest version of Marathon 1, and tried to play Co-op. No dice. The Maps field is blank. I made a 12 second video to show, instead of tell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Up5zQCZ6SI

What should I do? Is it because the maps file is Map.scen instead of Map.sceA? Changing just made the game not load.

EDIT: Just saw Trellama's bug reporting guidelines. Just in case it's important, here's the other info.
Windows 7 64 bit.
Nvidia GT 430, 340.52
Alephone 1.1 (2014-01-04), default Marathon 1 scenario
OpenGL Shader renderer

Odie

Post Nov 26th '14, 00:54

Co-op play is not available in Marathon 1. The original Marathon didn't support it, and technical issues prevent it from working without a lot more work in Aleph One.

If you want to play co-op, you can use the remake of Marathon. See this post for details.

Hopper

Post Nov 26th '14, 01:06

Ah, I understand. Thank you, Hopper.

EDIT: For anybody who finds this through google (if that actually happens), there is a further problem and solution. If you use the scenario pack Hopper linked to with the latest version of AlephOne, it will load to a black screen with the music playing. You need the 1.0.2 version from 2012 to make it work.

Odie

Post Nov 26th '14, 18:04

Others have used that scenario successfully with 1.1, so readers, please try the latest version of Aleph One before taking Odie's advice.

Hopper

Return to Aleph One Discussion