Cannot use global hotkeys on Discord/Splits Timer

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Cannot use global hotkeys on Discord/Splits Timer

Post Jul 18th '16, 03:34

So I don't know if this is only happening for me, but for some reason I cannot use my global hotkey for push to talk in Discord while I have the game in focus. Furthermore, I am unable to use any splits timers for speedrunning due to it again not letting me use global hotkeys. Using current stable version of A1.
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1 - 38:38 - PB
M2 - 45:40 - PB
MInf - 19:19 -PB

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Jul 23rd '16, 17:59

I'm assuming this is a just me problem, isn't it?

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Jul 23rd '16, 19:30

In the total absence of any helpful information about what OS you're running, what program you're trying to set up hot keys in, etc.: try windowed mode.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 23rd '16, 19:55

treellama wrote:In the total absence of any helpful information about what OS you're running, what program you're trying to set up hot keys in, etc.: try windowed mode.

It just dawned on me that i forgot that information (I was superbly tired when I posted the OP).

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
I have a push to talk key setup in Discord (alt) and i'm trying to setup the numpad keys for WSplit.
Windowed Mode does not allow use of global hotkeys
I do run the game in software mode if that is any help. I can test in OpenGL if needed

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Jul 29th '16, 17:15

I'm an idiot. You have to run it as admin.

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Return to Aleph One Discussion