360 controller support

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
DeadYorick
Born on Board

I've been more and more interested in replaying the entire trilogy with a 360 controller. After playing Marathon 2's port on the 360 I really miss having things like rumble when the player fires his assault rifle and so forth.

I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get the 360 pad working with Aleph One? I've tried but I haven't been able to fiddle with the axis. Additionally for some reason my character just moves forward when I'm not touching the controls.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a feature of SDL2?
hawkeyefile
Cyborg

DeadYorick wrote:I've been more and more interested in replaying the entire trilogy with a 360 controller. After playing Marathon 2's port on the 360 I really miss having things like rumble when the player fires his assault rifle and so forth.

I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get the 360 pad working with Aleph One? I've tried but I haven't been able to fiddle with the axis. Additionally for some reason my character just moves forward when I'm not touching the controls.
I remember when I used the Xbox (the first one) controller I had to zero the analog sticks with the XBCD driver. I'm not sure if that is the same with the 360 controller. I don't think you will find a lot of controller users on here as the game was originally meant to be played with keyboard only.
DeadYorick
Born on Board

herecomethej2000 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a feature of SDL2?
Is this a separate build? I can only locate the internal joystick function. But it requires mapping the axis's individually and it never seems to work quite as well as I'd like.
hawkeyefile wrote:
DeadYorick wrote:I've been more and more interested in replaying the entire trilogy with a 360 controller. After playing Marathon 2's port on the 360 I really miss having things like rumble when the player fires his assault rifle and so forth.

I remember when I used the Xbox (the first one) controller I had to zero the analog sticks with the XBCD driver. I'm not sure if that is the same with the 360 controller. I don't think you will find a lot of controller users on here as the game was originally meant to be played with keyboard only.
I'd imagine it's quite different since the original Xbox' controller used DirectInput wheras the 360 uses Xinput.

I'm just wondering since it was supported in an official port of Marathon 2.