Aleph One on Intel Macs.

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Lugas
Vidmaster

Does anyone know where a Universal Binary is in the works? I don't have an Intel Mac, but would it be okay to see if it still works on a G3/G4/G5 Mac. So please answer the questions; you're answers may be interesting.
irons

There is already a universal binary:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/maratho...DL.dmg?download

It's what I use on my iBook G4.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

ok im on my new intel macbook, do i need a universal binary to play aleph one or can i just play w/o the univer binary?
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

I think you just use the SDL version.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob
treellama
Vidmaster

You can use the PowerPC-only version if you don't want OpenGL. With OpenGL enabled it only gets 13 fps or so, so you'd want to get the SDL Universal Binary. It's better than NIBs anyway ;)
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

wait.... WHAT?
Lugas
Vidmaster

Ok, I've tried SDL Version of A1 on my G5 iMac and I have to say it runs crap!!! Is it meant to work on PPC? The graphics are poor, I can't get to whatever level I want (by holding down alt and command and clicking New Game). The title screens just appear and then dissapear. Is it meant to be an actual Universal Binary? cos I think it runs crap on PPC G5s! Sorry about the rude comments, but is this how we play Marathon when the Intel Macs creep their way into out homes? Has anyone tried the SDL and the PPC version of A1 on an Intel? Also, the MacBooks (the black and white laptops) and Mac Minis have "shared VRAM". Would this allow A1 to run ok?
rejneb

Actually Lugas, for me the SDL runs great. Your poor graphics problem I think is because for some reason the SDL runs in software mode by default. You should check the prefs and change it to opengl. Also, the SDL version of a1 uses ctr-shift to choose whatever level you want. Try it again and I think you'll actually prefer it.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

im having problems w/ SDL :C
Lugas
Vidmaster

Ok, I've tried that and it works great! The few other problems I have are the mouse. I enabled Invert Mouse (because the number keys can't let me look) but when I move the mouse up it looks down and vice versa. Also, I can't shoot with the mouse.
assassingao
Vidmaster

You'll have to disable "invert mouse", it got nothing to do with keyboard, the mouse can be used with or without that option.
treellama
Vidmaster

Go to configure controls, click on primary trigger, then click the mouse button you want to use to fire.