Keep away from rob and pile on greg.

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Keep away from rob and pile on greg.

Post Sep 27th '17, 16:36

I did a search on the forums and I couldn't find any info on this topic.

Back in the days of Marathon 2, there were two multiplayer modes that were grayed out. These are listed on the Marathon 2 wikipedia page as "Keep away from Rob" and "Pile on Greg." I seem to remember that they were around in the original release of Marathon 2, but disappeared with the trilogy boxed set version. (I could be wrong there)

There were reports that some players got keep away from Rob actually working (c.f. http://marathon.bungie.org/story/agmFAQv1.0.html ), where people went into the resource fork (I assume) and un-greyed "Keep away." If a player was named Rob, then Rob gained invincibility and a cloak. His score was rated by kills per minute.

I have not seen a synopsis of the gametype "Pile on Greg," but I can imagine it wouldn't be a good day for Greg.

Has there been any attempt to incorporate these gametypes into Aleph one? Are they actually in the original source code for Marathon 2?

Thanks for any info.

Marathon 2 is 22 years old this year. Makes me feel a bit old.

Regards,
Alden
Alden

Post Sep 27th '17, 18:22

Alden wrote:Are they actually in the original source code for Marathon 2?

Nope!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Return to Aleph One Discussion