Latest Version of M1A1

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Where would I download the absolute last version of M1A1? And I mean M1A1, back when it couldn't really use the original Marathon files. I'm curious because I've been toying with the idea of a Marathon Redux that would use the M1A1 assets as a starting point, but the problem is that since M1A1 is outdated, it's hard to find the last version that was made. I have a version of M1A1 already, but I can't tell if it's the last version or not - I downloaded it from here, if that's any help.
treellama
Vidmaster

That's the latest version I'm aware of.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

The M1A1 assets are weird. Definitely did some kludgey things in the shapesfile.

I really wanted to wait until I had a two-level demo ready, but there seems to be a lot of interest in this at the moment. Ought I to release a pre-alpha of what I'm doing to rally the troops?

Synchronistically enough, the files I've built for this are labelled "M1R." I hadn't settled on a name yet, but Marathon 1 Redux has a nice ring to it.
General-RADIX
Cyborg

Releasing a pre-alpha sounds like a good idea.
welcome to the scene of the crash
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

ravenshining wrote:I really wanted to wait until I had a two-level demo ready, but there seems to be a lot of interest in this at the moment. Ought I to release a pre-alpha of what I'm doing to rally the troops?
Yes, I'd love to see whatever progress you've made so far. A two-level proof of concept could go a long way towards getting this ball rolling.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

Hmm. Okay. I'll stop playing Endless Sky and set myself a deadline: This Saturday at 1830W.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Excellent. Looking forward to it.
Flippant Sol
Born on Board

Would any of you happen to have a link to the original releases of M1A1? I want the last version of the map and shapes file that still had the Pathways easter egg. Other than that, I'm looking for the latest Windows release that had the .exe. I'd hate to have to throw the github files together with another copy of Aleph One.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I don't know if M1A1 ever came with its own executable, but here's one of the old releases:
http://fileball.whpress.com/content/m1a1-sdl
ravenshining
Vidmaster

PerseusSpartacus wrote:Where would I download the absolute last version of M1A1? And I mean M1A1, back when it couldn't really use the original Marathon files. I'm curious because I've been toying with the idea of a Marathon Redux that would use the M1A1 assets as a starting point, but the problem is that since M1A1 is outdated, it's hard to find the last version that was made. I have a version of M1A1 already, but I can't tell if it's the last version or not - I downloaded it from here, if that's any help.
My M1 Redux project, which was built on top of the latest M1A1, is now a standalone scenario, so no more need to download M1A1 to get M1R if you were still looking.