Old Engine/textures?

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Old Engine/textures?

Post Mar 9th '18, 22:13

Hello there! I'm new here to the series and I love it but.. I like the old version the most, is possible to get that version and still play online (marathon infinity)?
dandywise

Post Mar 9th '18, 22:59

The Infinity download from the Aleph One site contains basically the unmodified original Infinity, if you play with the classic renderer option and any graphical enhancements turned off.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Mar 10th '18, 01:12

Pfhorrest wrote:The Infinity download from the Aleph One site contains basically the unmodified original Infinity, if you play with the classic renderer option and any graphical enhancements turned off.

What do I have to do to disable that thing? explain me please
dandywise

Post Mar 10th '18, 01:22

From the title screen: Preferences -> Environment -> Plugins -> disable everything but the Infinity theme by clicking on everything 'Enabled' until they aren't.

/!\ Packagers, these are the users you should be privileging by default. /!\
patrick
末法

Post Mar 10th '18, 01:38

patrick wrote:/!\ Packagers, these are the users you should be privileging by default. /!\

Seriously, dude. On one hand, I'm glad the way it works allowed the AGENT ORANGE theme to be automatically enabled for Yuge, but seriously, why is this kind of stuff enabled by default?

Wrkncacnter

Post Mar 10th '18, 01:44

Thanks! solved
dandywise

Post Mar 10th '18, 18:53

Wrkncacnter wrote:
patrick wrote:/!\ Packagers, these are the users you should be privileging by default. /!\

Seriously, dude. On one hand, I'm glad the way it works allowed the AGENT ORANGE theme to be automatically enabled for Yuge, but seriously, why is this kind of stuff enabled by default?

It's a long story, that even involved Bungie.

I agree, what you get should be stock textures, software renderer.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Mar 10th '18, 19:54

Bungie is ruining alephone more than you are. You need to step your game up.

Wrkncacnter

Return to Aleph One Discussion