Sprites are disappearing/flickering during play

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.

Re: Sprites are disappearing/flickering during play

Post Apr 29th '19, 19:32

Wrkncacnter wrote:Lol my part in this is done. I'm not planning on doing anything else about this. I already assume no one is willing to touch the renderer code, so it is what it is.

It was worth a try :)

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Apr 29th '19, 20:13

I do see one change worth double checking:

https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/a ... 834934b57d

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Apr 29th '19, 21:51

I realised I didn’t link my M2 playlist, which would greatly increase others’ convenience.

If someone can find a film in this playlist recorded before, let’s say, 2004 that has the sprite flickering problem – it seems to happen more often in narrow corridors than anywhere – I’d appreciate it; that way I can go back to version 1.0 of Aleph One (which was apparently the version that re-introduced M2 film support) and see if the problem still exists there. If it doesn’t, I can start moving forward and see which version of the game introduces the problem just by replaying that film. If it does, I’ll try out gameplay in earlier versions myself when I have more free time, I guess.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Previous

Return to Aleph One Discussion