Marathon 2 with Infinity Textures

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Marathon 2 with Infinity Textures

Post Jul 22nd '18, 02:51

I randomly decided to try the Infinity shapes with Marathon 2 and the Pfhor levels look 10x darker and more interesting. Is that something other players do?
ForeverBlackened

Post Jul 22nd '18, 03:13

Not ordinarily, but I did convert a few M2 levels to Infinity textures when adapting them for Chronicles (e.g., Waterloo Waterpark; Slings & Arrows; Come and Take Your Medicine, though this one was converted to sewage; Hang Brain/Begging for Mercy Makes Me Angry! mashup). On the whole I like Infinity’s shapes more, but then again, M2 levels were designed for M2 shapes. However, since my levels were already remixes, I didn’t care so much about complete fidelity. There were still two I left with M2 textures (Charon Doesn’t Make Change and Kill Your Television).

I have viewed all the M2 levels with M∞ textures before, though I don’t think in many years, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen them with Goran’s HD shapes.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Jul 22nd '18, 03:24

Interesting. I found the Pfhor ship levels to be less poppy color-wise and moodier like their Infinity counterparts. (I love the dark ambiance of Infinity.)
ForeverBlackened

Post Jul 22nd '18, 03:39

On the whole I definitely like the M∞ Pfhor textures more – well, at least the original versions. Goran’s HD remakes are so bloody gorgeous that I’m not sure I can choose. (As an aside, it’s definitely a shame that that space texture was literally only used in that one level in the solo game, IIRC. It’s so beautiful.)
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Jul 22nd '18, 04:20

Okay that's smooth. I love that too.
ForeverBlackened

Return to Marathon Discussion