Marathon 1 begining

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Sep 2nd '11, 07:20

Imagine that the area you start in on Marathon 1 is an emergency entrence into the ship from the docking bay, and the red guy staring at you is actually Tycho, watching you enter into the ship.

Why get rid of something when you can just give it a story?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Furray on Sep 2nd '11, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
The guy who is alotted a lot, and I mean"alot,"of rockets to the face.

Furray
West Richland, WA

Post Sep 2nd '11, 08:35

Furray wrote:Imagine that the area you start in on Marathon 1 is an emergency entrence into the ship from the docking bay, and the red guy staring at you is actually Tycho, watching you enter into the ship.

I don't think it even has a story, per-say. I just remember it as a visual connection between the two games, with no actual story behind it.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Sep 2nd '11, 11:42

It's supposed to be the Security Cyborg's memories from before he died and became a mjollnir mark IV battleroid 800 years later. Hence the lines in the instruction manual stating he has a sense of deja vu, like this is all familiar to him but he can't remember exactly what.
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Sep 2nd '11, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Sep 2nd '11, 13:49

This discussion is pointless. Use Hopper's M1A1 fixes plugin, or wait a while for an even better fix.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Sep 2nd '11, 18:54

Dugit wrote:I don't think it even has a story, per-say.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Sep 2nd '11, 18:59

Not one of my best ones. :)
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Sep 2nd '11, 20:45

RyokoTK wrote:

What if this red guy is actually Tycho.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Sep 2nd '11, 22:55

Treellama wrote:wait a while for an even better fix.
Treellama wrote:Support for the original Marathon file formats (this is already getting started in SVN)

;)
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!

President People

Post Sep 2nd '11, 23:51

Treellama wrote:
President People wrote:;)

;)

;)

Wrkncacnter

Post Sep 8th '11, 01:32

Bored.

I found this after looking at original marathon scetches.
[attachment=5234:sketch_014.jpg]
Looks like Bungie came up with the idea of the Flood much earlier than Halo, and that it first materialized as an enemy in Marathon. They later scrapped the idea for it looking too much like the Elephant man, and infringment on copyright law well unwanted.
Attachments
sketch_014.jpg
sketch_014.jpg (126.69 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
The guy who is alotted a lot, and I mean"alot,"of rockets to the face.

Furray
West Richland, WA

Return to Marathon Discussion