Marathon games, oh yes :)

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Oct 24th '11, 03:26

Hello everyone :)

All right, let's get down to business xD

I really love the Marathon games, both the canon and the â??fan madeâ??. Aleph One it's beautifully well done, great resource to play all the games.

I have a doubt, annnd something tells me you can help me with that :)

To the date this are the Marathon games I have in possession:

Marathon 1 (and of course â??M1A1â??, great conversion)

Marathon 2 Durandal (my favorite of the canon games)

Marathon Infinity (this one it's really weird xD)

The following as everyone knows are â??fan madeâ??:

Marathon Eternal X

Marathon Evil

Marathon Phoenix

Marathon Red

Marathon Rubicon X

Marathon Tempus Irae

Each one has its charms, seriously. But I have a question: Is one of the famous missing me? One that can be downloaded with your help, beautiful people? :)

Oh please, help me here ^^

Lady Asian

Post Oct 24th '11, 03:56

I liked Marathon Trojan quite a bit. It's a (very) total conversion for the original M1. I really hope the upcoming M1 Support will also allow us to finally play this on Aleph One.

There's also Return to Marathon, which might be good to play around Halloween ;). Sadly, it's unfinished, but the first chapter is up and still worth playing.

You can grab 'em both at The Big House, among several other scenarios.

EDIT: Added site links
Last edited by President People on Nov 3rd '11, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!

President People

Post Oct 24th '11, 10:53

Totally agree with President People, those are good.

Also look for Excalibur Morgana's Revenge and Tempus Irae 2: The Lost Levels, if you haven't.

ukimalefu

Post Oct 24th '11, 12:51

President People wrote:I liked Marathon Trojan quite a bit. It's a (very) total conversion for the original M1. I really hope the upcoming M1 Support will also allow us to finally play this on Aleph One.

Unfortunately, it would still require conversion, at least into a format that modern PCs can read, and we don't have permission to do that. I think this one is destined to run only in an emulator.
Last edited by treellama on Oct 24th '11, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Oct 25th '11, 01:30

If you could run the file converters yourself (I do believe they're called shuttles) could you play it or would the resulting game files require further conversion? I'm aware you still wouldn't be able to distribute them.
Last edited by Dis on Oct 25th '11, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Oct 25th '11, 10:42

ukimalefu wrote:Totally agree with President People, those are good.

Also look for Excalibur Morgana's Revenge and Tempus Irae 2: The Lost Levels, if you haven't.

Missing out big time if you haven't played Excalibur.
Last edited by goran on Oct 25th '11, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Oct 25th '11, 13:29

Dis wrote:If you could run the file converters yourself (I do believe they're called shuttles) could you play it or would the resulting game files require further conversion?

If you can run the converters, presumably you can just run the original :)

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 2nd '11, 22:53

Operation Tantalus is neat, albeit it seems to be trying to be a Hexen hub and gets confusing, it's not a bad approach.
VikingBoyBilly

Return to Marathon Discussion