Fileball FTP is Down

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Mar 2nd '12, 22:23

The Fileball.net site and FTP are not working. It appears that the domain has expired. Does anyone have contact with the site owners? That is a lot of classic Marathon files which should be preserved and not forgotten.
"My advise: V" - g pack

brilliant

Post Mar 2nd '12, 23:59

brilliant wrote:The Fileball.net site and FTP are not working. It appears that the domain has expired. Does anyone have contact with the site owners? That is a lot of classic Marathon files which should be preserved and not forgotten.

It's alright, everything is mirrored at fileball.bungie.org now. Right?
Image Image

interion

Post Mar 3rd '12, 02:55

brilliant wrote:The Fileball.net site and FTP are not working. It appears that the domain has expired. Does anyone have contact with the site owners? That is a lot of classic Marathon files which should be preserved and not forgotten.

ach, that's a real shame. First the new one get's deleted, and now the old domain goes down. Well, assuming that it's just the domain, if we can find the IP everyone can still connect. Plus there's a few of the DVD archive copies still floating about so those files aren't completely lost if the hosting has lapsed as well.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Mar 3rd '12, 08:21

Lh wrote:ach, that's a real shame. First the new one get's deleted, and now the old domain goes down. Well, assuming that it's just the domain, if we can find the IP everyone can still connect. Plus there's a few of the DVD archive copies still floating about so those files aren't completely lost if the hosting has lapsed as well.

Someone remind me next summer when I'm in Iceland to pack my Fileball DVD's with me to Sweden given the fact that I got an unlimited 100mb connection (download and upload) here.
Last edited by JohannesG on Mar 3rd '12, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

JohannesG

Post Mar 3rd '12, 23:26

Jóhannes G. wrote:Someone remind me next summer when I'm in Iceland to pack my Fileball DVD's with me to Sweden given the fact that I got an unlimited 100mb connection (download and upload) here.

Nice! TL says he has a DVD too, so let's hope for the best.

brilliant

Post Mar 5th '12, 01:46

http://fileball.treellama.org/files

There's a torrent there too with the whole thing. Please get it and help seed.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Mar 5th '12, 03:52

I've got about a third of it downloaded to my HD, and I'll keep seeding for a while now.
Edit: Actually, my DL's been pretty good for the most part but seeding isn't going above a few kB/s. Either nobody else is downloading or I just changed the wrong setting for something.
Double edit: Seeding has picked up. ok...
Last edited by mchief111 on Mar 5th '12, 03:56, edited 1 time in total.

mchief111

Post Mar 5th '12, 03:54

I shall seed. For preservation!
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Mar 5th '12, 04:50

FTP is still up here or here, in case anyone's looking for something in particular.
Aleph One:  Download 1.2.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more

Hopper

Post Mar 5th '12, 09:26

I'm hoping to seed for a couple of weeks, usually between 8:00 - 23:00 GMT. I might have a cap on my upload so I might limit it at one point if needed.

JohannesG

Post Mar 5th '12, 13:15

Definitely be seeding, thanks for the heads up and bandwidth!

L'howon

Post Mar 5th '12, 15:58

I uploaded the extracted .tar to http://rising-studios.com/Marathon/filebal...ball%20Archive/ just in case anybody needs specific files (for whatever reason).

mchief111

Post Mar 5th '12, 16:21

downloading and seedingâ?¦

I'm going to try and keep it going from 23:00-18:00 MST usually
â?¢musicâ?¢sfxâ?¢texturesâ?¢bullsh*t

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Mar 5th '12, 16:23

Diogenes wrote:I uploaded the extracted .tar to http://rising-studios.com/Marathon/filebal...ball%20Archive/ just in case anybody needs specific files (for whatever reason).

They are available at the URL I linked, too. I guess that wasn't clear :)

More mirrors are always a good thing though!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Mar 6th '12, 05:45

Here's a really ugly page for anyone that wants to browse the files and see the descriptions.

Fileball at lochnits

Wrkncacnter

Post Mar 6th '12, 08:25

W wrote:Here's a really ugly page for anyone that wants to browse the files and see the descriptions.

Fileball at lochnits

that's all kinds of awesome.

JohannesG

Post Mar 6th '12, 09:04

W wrote:Here's a really ugly page for anyone that wants to browse the files and see the descriptions.

Fileball at lochnits

It really isn't that ugly. I do like the background color, which I think is teal or a very light blue? Thank you!

brilliant

Post Mar 6th '12, 13:50

brilliant wrote:It really isn't that ugly. I do like the background color, which I think is teal or a very light blue? Thank you!

Could've been AGENT ORANGE I suppose. Get's the job done.

L'howon

Post Mar 7th '12, 03:52

Aleph One:  Download 1.2.1         Plugins:  Vasara  ·  more

Hopper

Post Mar 7th '12, 04:15

Thank you for putting this up!

brilliant

Post Mar 7th '12, 04:29

Excellent. Now we just need one more person with a different website to have files split up by author, and it'll be officially ridiculous.

Wrkncacnter

Post Mar 7th '12, 07:20

This one gets my votes as it doesn't pagenize (sic?) the content so I am able to easily search the Fileball and get ashamed of my ancient maps. :S

JohannesG

Post Mar 7th '12, 21:00

Jóhannes G. wrote:This one gets my votes as it doesn't pagenize (sic?) the content so I am able to easily search the Fileball and get ashamed of my ancient maps. :S

That's a good point. I'll change mine so it shows 500 or 1000 results per page instead of 50 to make searching more convenient. I'll also try to make it so you can just click your name to see your files. Of course, hopefully the crapiness of this site will inspire someone to make something real.

Wrkncacnter

Post Mar 8th '12, 05:56

Done. There are a total of 5 pages now, and a page that just lists all of the authors with multiple submissions. You can search for people that way, or click their name when browsing files. I also stole Hopper's CSS. I'm probably done screwing with this now.

http://fileball.lochnits.com/

Wrkncacnter

Post Mar 8th '12, 06:43

W wrote:Done. There are a total of 5 pages now, and a page that just lists all of the authors with multiple submissions. You can search for people that way, or click their name when browsing files. I also stole Hopper's CSS. I'm probably done screwing with this now.

http://fileball.lochnits.com/

Perfect!

JohannesG

Next

Return to Marathon Discussion