ETERNAL IS NOT CANON IN THE MARATHON STORY.

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
irons
Vidmaster

PerseusSpartacus wrote:
Johnman wrote:irons
thats not how it works so fuck off immediately or face instant lnm
too late
Johnman
Born on Board

RyokoTK wrote:
PerseusSpartacus wrote: Also, you do realize that you're just asking for W'rk, irons and RyokoTK to turn on you, right?
I wrote and stickied this thread literally over a decade ago, I don't really feel that strongly about the point anymore. :P
So, canon confirmed?
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

RyokoTK wrote:Stop citing Eternal or any other scenario as a legitimate source for facts in the Marathon universe, since the creators made the whole thing up. Thank you.
Eternal was indeed made up and technically non canon, yes, there is no denying that. HOWEVER, the idea is that it was intended as an interequel between Infinity and any mods of the player's choosing and/or any canon games that come out later, unless those hypothetical canon Marathon 4+ games contradict Eternal, at which point it remains non canon. There are no canon Marathon games after Infinity so until Bungie finally take their fingers out of their butts and make Marathon 4 and/or a full 3D Trilogy Anniversary like they should have done after Halo Reach instead of going to Activision, then Eternal and the other mods may as well be considered canon until then, even if we all know they are not.

Short version: I reject your reality and substitute my own.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Close to 12 years old to the day, and there's still thoughtful replies to the OP.
RadBurn
Cyborg

RyokoTK wrote:Close to 12 years old to the day, and there's still thoughtful replies to the OP.
Stroke that ego baby ;)
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

RadBurn wrote:Stroke that ego baby ;)
This thread is all about me, so I sure am. ;)
RadBurn
Cyborg

If your thread lasts for more than four years go see a doctor immediately as this could be life threatening. Please post responsibly and practice safe stroke.
Johnman
Born on Board

RyokoTK wrote:Close to 12 years old to the day, and there's still thoughtful replies to the OP.
I don't want Marathon to die, ever.