green blooded simulacrums

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Nov 27th '12, 21:39

So how is it that the fake Bobs the pfhor made have yellowish green blood just like them? It's passible since it was a rush job and all and the first thing a pfhor would assume is that another species has blood like them, I guess. But they have Hulks and wasps with azure and violet blood so they know different xenomorphs have different colors for their body fluids! And they've dissected humans on their ship. You see them on the operating tables. So they must have seen that red blood.

Were the simulacrums made before they started dissecting human flesh or what?
And the pfhors on L'howon make the same mistake... but at least they have more variety in their clothes and speech patterns.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Nov 27th '12, 22:21

Well, I kinda guess simulacrums at first were made before human test subjects were dissected, as to the reason why they're missing some body parts and they have RED EYES. Maybe the yellow blood means something, like it's apart of the bomb?

Maybe the Pfhor was lazy in making human bombs and/or thought the human race to be stupid?
Destiny
USA

Post Nov 28th '12, 09:12

"Aside from detonating them we've got no way of telling them apart from our own men. Their telltale differences are hard to spot until its [sic] too late."
- Robert Blake

The Pfhor have a whole organization for creating simulacrums - the Ministry for the Eradication Through Imitation of Hostile Species Unsuitable for Enslavement. Rather than being lazy or rushed, I think their operation is actually sophisticated enough to work out the cost-to-benefit ratio of making the simulacrums increasingly human. If you passed a guy on the street that bled yellow blood, you wouldn't be able to tell. Clearly the Pfhor know how to count, and could tell humans have 5 toes instead of 2, but it wasn't worth the effort to go that far. Perhaps with whatever genetic engineering the Pfhor use, it's easier to start with a Pfhor-like template body, or such templates are more readily available.

The simulacrums aren't used as deep cover agents. They can't carry on a conversation without giving themselves away, so that's not what they're designed to do. I think the Pfhor's strategy is to flood them into combat areas where they add to the chaos and confusion, and can execute their directive quickly. These aren't body snatchers; they're suicide bombers dressed in the enemy's uniforms.

Crater Creator

Post Nov 29th '12, 00:17

Crater Creator wrote:The Pfhor have a whole organization for creating simulacrums - the Ministry for the Eradication Through Imitation of Hostile Species Unsuitable for Enslavement. Rather than being lazy or rushed, I think their operation is actually sophisticated enough to work out the cost-to-benefit ratio of making the simulacrums increasingly human. If you passed a guy on the street that bled yellow blood, you wouldn't be able to tell. Clearly the Pfhor know how to count, and could tell humans have 5 toes instead of 2, but it wasn't worth the effort to go that far. Perhaps with whatever genetic engineering the Pfhor use, it's easier to start with a Pfhor-like template body, or such templates are more readily available.

You forgot sometimes this happens:

[attachment=5838:Aliens__...fe_Trick.gif]
Attachments
Aliens___Bishop_s_Knife_Trick.gif
Aliens___Bishop_s_Knife_Trick.gif (1.99 MiB) Viewed 1658 times

Ares Ex Machina

Post Nov 29th '12, 07:08

Jumping off what CraterCreator said, I always felt that the Simulacrums were created from modified Pfhor bodies, hence the two toes, the yellow blood, lack of genitals, and red eyes.
Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

philtron

Post Nov 29th '12, 08:58

skraeling wrote:Jumping off what CraterCreator said, I always felt that the Simulacrums were created from modified Pfhor bodies, hence the two toes, the yellow blood, lack of genitals, and red eyes.

Don't forget the lack of teeth! No teeth, and snaggle genitals.

[attachment=5839:M2_003.gif]
Attachments
M2_003.gif
M2_003.gif (32.25 KiB) Viewed 1659 times

Ares Ex Machina

Return to Marathon Discussion