A Review/Diary of Eternal X

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Cyarus wrote:This probably is not the proper place to mention it, but it's apparently the most active Eternal thread on the Pfhorums, so I figured it'd be noticed here more quickly than elsewhere.
Don't worry; everyone else reached that same conclusion.
Ultimatum479
Spazeroid

Including, apparently, the spambot.
Meta

Pfhortipfhy wrote:I read a book once where every time a ship went into light-speed travel, it went into a whole new universe, almost the same as the last one but one tiny difference that kept building up. Good book.
Old Man's War? If it was OMW that wasn't light speed travel, one of the reasons they had to do the universe switching thing was because at light speed the ships just got torn apart by bits of debris.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Going back awhile...
RyokoTK wrote:at the end of the day I don't want to play a level more than once unwillingly, especially if the level is exactly the same and especially if it's as easy to take the wrong path as it is in Eternal.
My problem was not that you had to play the level again (it doesn't take long to get to the wrong-choise terminal, so I hadn't played most of the level) but that I didn't really understand what happened at first, and so I made the wrong choice the second time around as well. I ended up playing the first "wrong" tangent twice.

Also, I only did 4 of the "wrong" tangents. I think I accidentally did it right my first try in chapter 3 or 4. In the last chapter, I figured out the "wrong" and "right" choices and purposely made the wrong one.
Dugit
Vidmaster

I do that, now that I'm getting bored of doing the right ones (it must be a fluke that I ran through and made the right choices).

If you failed on the S'pht chapter, you'll replay My Own Private Thermoplyae.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hey, crater creator, if you sill exist, might I suggest editing all of your reviews into the first post? Or can you not put that many characters into a post?
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Each post is already pretty long. Is one giant wall of text really an improvement? I think adding links to the other parts in the first post would be better.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yeah, you should just do that. Smarter than my idea.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Or you could put all of the posts into a simpletext document and attach it?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Done, on both counts. See the first page of the thread for newly-organized goodness.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Thanks. This should be an interesting read...