Marathon playthrough on Youtube

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Marathon playthrough on Youtube

Post Feb 25th '13, 01:40

I stumbled across this while watching a different Marathon video. I don't see many Marathon videos with commentary, let alone them being Marathon, so I thought I'd share the link to them.

Here's the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGPYfi8 ... jOyuFOWSQH

Might give you guys a few laughs.
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Mar 7th '13, 21:05

Thanks for posting this. I've never seen or played Marathon with the Hi-Res textures. I love the little static animation on the terminals.

Sphting Distance
Pelham, New Hampshire

Post May 22nd '13, 00:45

HalvedStudiosLP did it a year before Classic-B LP'S, and he not only did Marathon, he did the entire trilogy, the secrets the vidmaster challenge and He explains whats going on throught the story. You should check him out.
Liquid Fader Removal
Code: Select all
<marathon>
<!-- BAN ALL WHO REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD --!>
<player index="0" opacity="0"/>
</marathon>

ftg.death.rhino

Post May 22nd '13, 12:08

Has anyone tried to add the HUD and crosshairs from that version to the version you have to play through Aleph One? Because having those crosshairs would be great but I like having my plugins as well.

Man, his voice is sorta annoying.
Y'know Rampancy is doing a two player lets play.

Gotten used to his voice by now.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

craZboy557

Post Jun 7th '13, 00:58

craZboy557 wrote:Has anyone tried to add the HUD and crosshairs from that version to the version you have to play through Aleph One? Because having those crosshairs would be great but I like having my plugins as well,

I don't understand your question. Those crosshairs come with every version of Aleph One, at least the newer ones.

NobilityV3

Post Jun 7th '13, 11:49

...Huh, coulda sworn this guy had crosshairs. I guess I was thinking of the Rampancy playthrough. But there's a version of Marathon that you don't play through Aleph. It has different crosshairs for each weapon, and it's the version that Rampancy.net is using for their playthrough.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

craZboy557

Post Jun 7th '13, 12:12

craZboy557 wrote:...Huh, coulda sworn this guy had crosshairs. I guess I was thinking of the Rampancy playthrough. But there's a version of Marathon that you don't play through Aleph. It has different crosshairs for each weapon, and it's the version that Rampancy.net is using for their playthrough.

There are two (excluding the original engines) ways to play Marathon 2: Marathon: Durandal for Xbox Live Arcade, and Aleph One. Aleph One uses the crosshairs from the XBLA version now.

There is only one way to play M1A1: Aleph One. That's what rampancy.net is using, and they're using the crosshairs that come with the download.

You can download the latest versions with crosshairs, enhanced HUDs, and hi-res graphics at http://marathon.sourceforge.net/

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 7th '13, 20:07

Actually, I was able to get another version of M1A1 here. Specifically, this, which is linked to from that first page.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:

craZboy557

Post Jun 11th '13, 11:38

A port of the original Marathon to Aleph One.
Enzan

Return to Marathon Discussion