Problems with Craig Hardgrove's In-game Music

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Problems with Craig Hardgrove's In-game Music

Post Jun 11th '13, 01:35

I recently downloaded Craig Hardgrove's Music (the download meant to be used for inside M1A1, though I realized it's not much different from the other download) and tested it out in M1A1. However, whenever I try it out, I have to use a modified map file (the music files are .mp3s, whereas the map is set to look for .ogg files, which means it can't find them), and even when I do, the music is slowed down and much lower pitch, making it useless and somewhat annoying. Is there a way to fix these issues?

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Jun 11th '13, 02:12

It's fine with my version, though mine uses MP3s.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

craZboy557

Post Jun 11th '13, 07:34

craZboy557 wrote:It's fine with my version, though mine uses MP3s.

Interestingly, I think I did try this with an earlier version that uses .mp3s, but it still had the same effect. The music slows down and ends up on a different pitch, which can be interesting, but totally throws me off and makes the game much darker and more disturbed, which of course makes me not want to play it. Nevertheless, I really like Hardgrove's music - I think it takes the old Marathon music and turns it into something unique, original, and interesting (like his rendition of Fat Man, which took the quirky, fast, up-tempo tune of the original and made it more dark and alien to the point where you can picture hearing it on the corridors of Pfhor Your Eyes Only) - so I really want to use it in-game, but it never works. I'm wondering if I need .ogg versions, but it takes way too long to process the files through Audacity, so a quick download would be totally welcome.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Jun 11th '13, 19:15

FlavseusTychobus wrote:the music is slowed down and much lower pitch

713.jpg

patrick
末法

Return to Marathon Discussion