Marathon Roleplay

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Jun 19th '08, 03:15

Marathon: Antimarathon
PART 1, CHAPTER 1:
Some Missiles Don't Explode

*Walks in through one of the Marathon's countless sliding steel doors.*

[OOC] Hey guys, it's Irons. But don't let that fool you. I'm here to do some Marathon roleplay. Join in and maybe we can weave a story together![/OOC]

Before you stands Mjolnir Cyborg #13. They decided to skip a few numbers, ending up on 13 of all places. 13 has lived up to the expectations surrounding his designation: things have consistently gone bad around him, never causing direct difficulties, but always affecting the ones he loved. Most recently?most importantly?one of his friends has gone missing and the rest have died horrible deaths on the surface of Tau Ceti.

*Looks at radar screen in the abandoned bridge of the Marathon*

"That's odd. 50 years here and I've never picked up on readings like these. Adrift for so long... maybe I'm going crazy."

*Slams a fresh clip into his long-cold Assault Rifle.*

"Then again, maybe not..."

From out of nowhere, the Marathon groans and shakes from a sudden impact. Alarm systems activate after decades of inactivity.

*Turns to the door he just entered, ready to find out what's going on.*

"I'll get to the bottom of this..."

TO BE CONTINUED
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 19th '08, 03:32

all of a sudden... A BOOGYMAN APPEARS!!!!!

but it's ok cause you learned how to do a barrel roll in preschool :X
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

VirtualX1
no

Post Jun 19th '08, 03:45

barrel roll is a chan meme?

VirtualX1
no

Post Jun 19th '08, 03:58

Oh, sorry. You were born in 1994. I didn't mean to overwork your brain.
Last edited by irons on Jun 19th '08, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 19th '08, 04:14

irons wrote:Oh, sorry. You were born in 1994. I didn't mean to overwork your brain.

>_>

i can't tell if that r insult or not D:

VirtualX1
no

Post May 28th '17, 06:43

[OOC: So the setting is the Marathon, with a 13th Cyborg Marine in an unknown time. Is this set before or after the games, or are we just going with it? Also, any character restrictions (although I'm assuming you want us to all be on the same side...)?]
Orland just wanted a good meal during his lunch break and maybe a nap. The sudden explosion and hail of energy blasts completely pushed those thoughts out of his mind.
"YOU BASTARDS!!"
Screamed Orland as he stared in horror as his friend, Hank had his head burnt off by the keen eye of an Enforcer, his fork halfway to his mouth. Firing his Magnum blindly at the encroaching horde of Pfhor warriors he dodged between dead comrades and the dying ones. He threw himself against the door and fell through the opening as it rose automatically and the stumbled into the hallway. Reloading his pistol he continued firing through the door, swearing obscenities.

(I think I keep switching between past and present tense in this post, but I can't fix it all without having to rewrite it.)

Last bumped by irons on May 28th '17, 06:43.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Return to Marathon Discussion