SHINGEKI NO MARATHON (MP Vid)

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8EyNiGegs
The idea for this started back when we had a Marathon night on July 25th, 2014; the 780th pre-anniversary of the "Attack on" the Marathon (yes I know the name doesn't really mean that). That said, most of the footage is from October 17, 2014 (the game on the lava map towards the end is the only one from July 3rd).

Should read "and" a Toho Godzilla.

Credits are all in the film this time.
I made a new vid of some FCAW games and thought those of you that make plugins but never play multiplayer anymore might enjoy it. I credited all the ones I used (and that SMG model was just me editing the model I made for the HD plugin into the shapes file for fun).

About the intro; we have a new member in the group who goes by the name of Gojira, and he's been our purple the last two game nights. It also picks up where the trailer left off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7361_2n3xiY

Sorry if this belongs somewhere else.
Last edited by Spurious Interrupt on Oct 22nd '14, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

The Attack on the Marathon anniversary is July 25th, not July 3rd. (I should know 'cause it's also my birthday).
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

Pfhorrest wrote:The Attack on the Marathon anniversary is July 25th, not July 3rd. (I should know 'cause it's also my birthday).
Okay so funny thing, I went and checked, and we did play on 25th (which I originally got from the timeline), but I got the July 3rd from checking the wiki. I went and checked the terminals and:
Today at 0820 hours, the Marathon came under surprise attack
from unknown hostile forces. The Marathon has sustained
serious damage.

At 0830 hours, alien forces boarded the Marathon. The current
situation is dire. All personnel are required to arm
themselves and fight for their lives.
<Posted 2794.7.3.14.08.39>
And I'm left wondering how the 25th is got from that. The timeline states that 08:39 is the time, but I don't get how 7.3.14 is July 25.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

That is a very interesting question, and after a bit of research it appears the answer is the Lost Network Packets, an official Bungie addendum due to issues raised in discussion at the Marathon Story Page's Dates and Bungie's New Timeline pages.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Nice to see you guys having fun. As far as the editing, I liked the music and slow motion shots, but the minute-long intro before showing hardly any gameplay footage was a waste of time.

Seeing this, it would be cool if the game automatically switched to the 3rd person chase cam when a player dies. Also, why is "You may rise to fight again" displaying when you're not dead? Does a bug make that show for all players?
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

Yeah, that intro was probably more entertaining to the group than it was to others...

I actually kind of like the first person cam during deaths. 99% of shooters made in 2000+ have the third person cams, so it actually feels unique (plus I just like it better).

These were film replays (as you probably guessed), and it displays "You may rise to fight again" based on whoever the host was during the game, no matter who you're following.
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

Pfhorrest wrote:That is a very interesting question, and after a bit of research it appears the answer is the Lost Network Packets, an official Bungie addendum due to issues raised in discussion at the Marathon Story Page's Dates and Bungie's New Timeline pages.

There we go! It looks like whoever edited p'fhorpedia intentionally left the 14 out of the quote as well. [MErr]