Does Anyone Have A Picture Of The UESC Marathon Vessel

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Sphting Distance
Born on Board

Hey, as I have said before I am a long time Marathon player(solo) and fan. One thing that I am still curious about is what the Marathon actually looks like. If any one has any picture of her, please post it. It doesn't matter at the whether the pic(s) are good quality or not I just want satisfy my curiousity, thanks.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

The Marathon looks like one of Mar's moons, because that's what it was. Here's a third party artist's rendition. I hoped to find a screenshot of what it looks like in the game, but couldn't find one with a first pass of searching online. So, go play one of the Pfhor ship levels in M1A1, and look out the windows. Or, open the M1A1 shapes in Anvil, and you can find it there.
Dodopod
Cyborg

Here's what it looks like in the game: [attachment=1678:marathon.jpg]
Here's what it looked like before they converted it into a starship:
Attachments
marathon.jpg
marathon.jpg (40.52 KiB) Viewed 4659 times
Counter Attack on the Meta
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

Here are two images from the unofficial Marathon comic (circa 1995) by one of the original Vidmasters: Miha.

The Thug
Vidmaster

If you actually want to see the Marathon in game, you can view it from the Pfhor ship in a few levels in M1. It is used as a scenery object.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
VirtualX1
Cyborg

theres an extremely awesome looking one in Marathon:Resurrection for UT
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Ares Ex Machina wrote:Here are two images from the unofficial Marathon comic (circa 1995) by one of the original Vidmasters: Miha.
zomg I just realized I've been looking at the Marathon the wrong way all along. I've always wondered what that big white wheel with the red dot in the center was, sticking off the back end, and I just realized from looking at that comic that I was looking at it in the wrong perspective this whole time. It's not a wheel sticking off the back end, it's a circular area indented into the ship: the ramjet engine! Now it all makes sense.
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Jun 25th '08, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

HAHA Pfhorrest. I never looked at it that way. Thats hilarious. Like the saucer section on the USS Enterprise or something. No its definitely a giant engine bell.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhorrest wrote:zomg I just realized I've been looking at the Marathon the wrong way all along. I've always wondered what that big white wheel with the red dot in the center was, sticking off the back end, and I just realized from looking at that comic that I was looking at it in the wrong perspective this whole time. It's not a wheel sticking off the back end, it's a circular area indented into the ship: the ramjet engine! Now it all makes sense.
...Crap me to.
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

herecomethej2000 wrote:HAHA Pfhorrest. I never looked at it that way. Thats hilarious. Like the saucer section on the USS Enterprise or something. No its definitely a giant engine bell.
OMG the saucer of the Enterprise is a wheel??!! No way.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

sure if you took it off and rolled it on the ground whatever :P
Dodopod
Cyborg

herecomethej2000 wrote:sure if you took it off and rolled it on the ground whatever :P
It would tip over
Counter Attack on the Meta
Pfhorever
Born on Board

Yeah, you'd also have to be a good 60 ft tall.
Sphting Distance
Born on Board

Thanks for all the pics guys. I guess in head I imagined somthing more... magestic. Not a flying rock
Major Pedro
Cyborg

herecomethej2000 wrote:HAHA Pfhorrest. I never looked at it that way. Thats hilarious. Like the saucer section on the USS Enterprise or something. No its definitely a giant engine bell.

or intake solenoid. for the ramjet engine.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Lul bussard niiiiivvvveeeeeeennnnnn!
Can't speel for hist.