"...Thing What Kicks" lack of oxygen rechargers? M3

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

"...Thing What Kicks" lack of oxygen rechargers? M3

Post Nov 27th '15, 19:59

Hi all, I'm doing a playthrough of M3, and After the last few vacuum levels, and the tendancy to forget to recharge my oxygen before leaving said previous levels, i'm now stuck on Thing What Kicks, and I'm basically stuck now, with an insufficient level of oxygen to traverse the sewage sections. Now, i've looked through the Spoiler Guide, and didn't see any Rechargers noted on the map, and also looked myself for quite a while, and now i'm here to ask anyone on the Phorums if there is anyway though a LUA command to perhaps spawn an oxygen tank, refill my oxygen, Etc. Anyone have any tips or helpful ideas? Short of reloaded a past save because I also neglect to save often, so my progress would be severely hindered. Thanks guys! :D
securityofficer
Ellensburg, Washington State.

Post Nov 28th '15, 00:35

I just checked. Find your way to polygon 176, a small room off the NW corner of the largest, centermost sewage lake. There is a red shield recharger, and next to it a switch that when hit will expose an oxygen refueler. Hope this helps.

Crater Creator

Post Nov 28th '15, 02:24

Alright thanks for the tip, but currently im positioned at the southern most save terminal at the first set of switches there, opposite the comm terminal, and the problem is, i only have just have barely a sliver of oxygen left, so i have maybe 15 seconds of underwater time left as i have counted from many attempts to see what other parts of the map i can get too, and so far i cant traverse through any underwater part long enough to make it to the other side. :( So Again, if anyone knows a LUA command i could use to recharge my oxygen, the only other thing I can do is reload a previous level.. >:( And Crater, it's been a very long time since i've used forge and the Polygon locations, so im not familiar with the location your referring too.
Attachments
thing what kicks.gif
securityofficer

Post Nov 28th '15, 04:59

The two vacuum levels in a row is pretty terrible. And the lack of oxygen chargers on this level is an embarrassing oversight on the part of the designers.

But, if you say you've got the save point furthest to the South then you're in luck. I'm pretty sure, you don't need to swim anymore after this point. Just make your way West and then North to get to the "End" terminal.

The oxygen recharger that Crater is talking about can be reached via the hallway immediately South of the "End" terminal on the map. Unfortunately it overlooks an area with some patrolling Juggernauts, so you'll have to be sneaky. Also, don't break the switches until after you get your O2 because that will shut down the recharger.

philtron

Post Nov 28th '15, 06:27

As far as using lua to get yourself out of a bind, use Cheats.lua in the extras folder that came with Aleph One. With it active, you can call otwo() for oxygen.

Crater Creator

Post Nov 29th '15, 16:05

Without Cheats.lua, you can use "Players[0].oxygen = 10800" to give yourself a full tank, or any lower number to give you a partially full tank.

The easiest way to find a particular polygon is to warp yourself there, for example using "Players[0]:teleport(176)" for polygon 176. Then you can check the map, poke around if needed, and reload your save if you want to try to make it there without cheating.

Hopper

Post Nov 29th '15, 20:49

Ah very cool, creator, Hopper. Thank you!
securityofficer

Post Dec 28th '15, 05:34

Why refill before leaving? It's more challenging to bear through it.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)

3371-Alpha
Veldin Orbit

Return to Marathon Discussion