What is the DS_STORE

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

That's the kind of post I'd write three bottles into a pack of Delirium Tremens.

I wish I lived closer to Belgium so it wasn't so damn expensive.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Two months sober, actually; buckling up for the final year of university. So, I'm sad to say, those issues in Aeon will likely never be fixed. I'll have a look for Delirium Tremens, it's probably cheaper here in the U.K.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Sincere congratulations on your sobriety, duder. And also for not continuing to work on your scenario.
Dugit
Vidmaster

I'm just glad some of it was passable. I might come back to it one day, if the community isn't properly dead by then, and fix the smaller issues, but for the time being it'll have to stay as a bug-riddled mixed bag that looks like Phoenix contracted fetal alcohol syndrome.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I think you should be satisfied and pleased with your work, the way I was (and still am, I guess) with The Gray Incident, even though I also think it's bad. But there's also a time when you need to put something out to pasture.
Dugit
Vidmaster

It's hard to believe that about four years ago I was planning to do a sequel to Marathon Rubicon, even had a storyline and a couple of levels fleshed out, but exams got in the way and I forgot about it - probably shouldn't have tried anyway. The storyline ended up detached into a book I'm trying to finish alongside a chemistry degree, it's not pretty.

TGI was great fun, it was much more accomplished than Aeon at least. Sure, it's no Phoenix, but I still play through it from time to time.
ThrashNeon
Spazeroid

This community seems pretty inactive at the moment, and I don't know what the policy on necroing threads is...
but just in case anyone stumbles upon this (or is subscribed to this thread):
zip -r netmaps.zip -x ".DS_Store" netmaps/
Hmm handy! I had no idea about that -x option or to use it in that manner. I'm use to using a two liner rm .DS_Store before zip. I for one am pleasantly surprised reading this this thread wasn't an utter waste of time. Thanks!
I use and recommend Keka.
http://www.kekaosx.com/en/

It has a gui for excluding .DS_STORE files, as well as a lot of archiving formats and options.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

If it has useful information.
When I read your comment on the other topic,
I though that was a useful comment for a future reader.
The site has a pretty good search function.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.