Second to Last of the Mohicans.

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
RJVanSchaick
Born on Board

Recently downloaded the latest version of Eternal X, after getting a new computer. I'll probably post what I liked and didn't like when compared to the last version I played in another post, after I've finished the game. Right now, I'm stuck.

I'm in Chapter 3, playing Second to Last of the Mohicans in the failure path. I've gotten to the end, but the terminal just displays a jumbled message from Thoth and doesn't teleport me out. I've run back and forth through the whole level and killed every Pfhor, except for three that appear to be out of reach behind a hangar door I can't open, and I still can't leave.

Am I missing something?
"I could bore you with a philosophical tirade about freedom and tyranny, or try and explain what new options are suddenly open to me, but I doubt you'd understand and if you did it might frighten you. That amuses me."
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

The jumbled message from Thoth means the mission objectives still haven't been completed. The mission objectives are just to kill all enemies. IIRC there are some that are hidden way outside the map to circumvent an engine 'feature' that allows you to leave some enemies alive on Extermination missions, but if you're seeing some somewhere actually connected to the map, then that's a place you're supposed to be able to get to and kill them.
RJVanSchaick
Born on Board

Apparently, I needed to kill the S'pht in the room adjoining the terminal room to make the message change. Interesting.
"I could bore you with a philosophical tirade about freedom and tyranny, or try and explain what new options are suddenly open to me, but I doubt you'd understand and if you did it might frighten you. That amuses me."