Aleph One Scenarios- The Special Editions

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Yesterday, I downloaded the Aleph One versions of Marathon, Durandal and Infinity. Yeah, OK. But then, I noticed the M1A1 Special Edition and M2 Special Edition on the Orbital Arm scenario page. And they DO mean special edition.

M1A1SE:

Well, to start, they've jiggled around the color tables (I can find orange and blue troopers), and added tiny bobs, major MADDs, major Juggernauts, MOAHs, that weird creature from Marathon Alpha (appears in Arrival, Grendel Lives and on a net level), two more types of wasp and looker, and two more types of hulk, not to mention the tiny hulks. They've added four extra levels- one level is a super difficult level "A Good Way to Die"- that is entirely based on fighting hulks with only lighter weapons from the start. Another is "Grendel Lives", where a remake of the Marathon Alpha is added. A further is a bonus introductory level, where the player (against a vacuum) reads Miha's comic of the Marathon beginning. The last bonus level is "Monster Menagerie"- literally "Arena", but with thousands of monster- every type (the S'pht and MADDs are on your side).

M2SE:

Where to begin! In M2SE, we have a hugely variable color table for the fighters, Bobs, troopers and enforcers, mini Juggernauts, hulks and mini hulks, mini F'lickta, Super Hunters, green "blooded" major hunters, VacBobs, Super Fighters, mini drones, invisible simulacrums, super humans, MADDs, a second weapon mode for the Enforcer's toy (SMGesque), and alternating pitches for punches, shots etc. But that is not all. Many new solo levels, with a whole new plank, based upon the S'pht leader J'raxis. It is mainly a work for the new S'pht rebellion, and Thoth is incorporated too, though there are still times where you are teleported into space by angry AIs (look for the level "No Longer Useful..."). There are even new net levels.

However, the new "revised" editions of the game, I believe, no longer have the good ol' adrenaline rush the old game once had, and the sprites look a little worn, especially the HUD. So, which do you think is the best?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

M2SA

Ugh...

You'll notice when you get captured, you'll come across levels you've never seen.
But in fact I had seen them before.

The creator of this "special" edition had the nerve to jam one of his own scenarios into M2's plot.
So he tricked you into playing his personal scenario. Piss me off.

So yeah, M1A1SE All the way.
nat
Born on Board

MoppyPuppy wrote:M2SA

Ugh...
The creator of this "special" edition had the nerve to jam one of his own scenarios into M2's plot.
So he tricked you into playing his personal scenario. Piss me off.

So yeah, M1A1SE All the way.
Quiet you.
TBCR
Mjolnir Mark IV

while the special editions are harder,the more levels make them my fav
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:44 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - PB
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 13:22 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB
Twitch
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

I have M1A1SE, but the music is shot
"Escape will make me God"
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

DADDY Z3RO wrote:I have M1A1SE, but the music is shot
Do you have the music?
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

MoppyPuppy wrote:Do you have the music?
Yes, but once you install the music to the tracks folder, it continues not to use them
"Escape will make me God"