PS3 Dualshock 3 support?

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

PS3 Dualshock 3 support?

Post Jan 13th '17, 02:45

Does the mac os x port of Marathon support the PS3 Dualshock 3? I used the port a few years ago, and had lot's of fun reliving the experience from when Marathon was first released. I just fired it up again after syncing my dualshock 3 with my mac. Marathon sees it, but it doesn't seem to work. I can' map any buttons, and when I start the game I just spin uncontrollably in circles. The joysticks don't seem to do anything.
cpea

Post Jan 13th '17, 03:01

Doh! The issue was I still had the dualshock plugged into the USB port. When I unplugged, it started working. There are still a number of issues that make is unusable for me:

1. It is way too sensitive.
2. I move forward when not touching the sticks. The cause is probably related to (1).
3. I can't invert look up/down. I want it so pulling the left stick back will make me look up. This is opposite of most default configurations, but ps3 games allow you to invert this, which I always do.
cpea

Post Jan 14th '17, 16:16

Hopper has been working hard to add SDL2 support in the next version. That might alleviate things, or is that XBox Controllers? Anyway I would look into some third party software to get it behaving exactly as you like, and have it do keyboard input or something. USB Overdrive comes to mind but there might be free options now days.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Return to Marathon Discussion