Playing Marathon Infinity Network Levels Solo

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Flamiel
Spazeroid

Hey all,

It's been decades since I've played, but I recently fired up my old Mac to show my son one of Daddy's favorite childhood games. ;) One of the things I used to do all the time was play the Infinity network maps, but solo. I can't for the life of me remember how I did that, though. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

When I do Gather Network Game, it seems to require at least one other person is present. Lacking other human opponents, though, there was some way to still explore the Network levels and fight aliens. It was a nice sandbox that didn't make you have to deal with the single-player campaign.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

Not a MAC person but in windows, now,
you can download the maps from Simplici7y
but you have to use Survival or XBLA Survival
to provide enemies.
I like this one the (zoo is really fun with Survival 2.0, and level 2 pits you aginast not only enemies,
but the environment too (but the Pfhor aren't in on the secret)
and this one, and while you're at Simplicity, download YugePax 3.20.20.20
(not to say that the others aren't good).

Many of the maps beyond level 30 (control-shift New Game) in Infinity have only a few enemies at a time, but they continually spawn so it's a pretty laid back game. Good if'n you like to fist it.

If this is the sort o thing you're talking about.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Flamiel
Spazeroid

Hey, thanks for the response. Not quite what I was looking for. For Macs, option+command and new game lets you choose any level, and you can also do that when creating the network game to access any level (which I actually just discovered).

Driving me nuts that I can't remember how to get this solo network map going....
Flamiel
Spazeroid

I figured it out, and Helvius was right -- option+command Begin New Game, and select numbers higher than 30 to access the network maps. Thanks!