Changed Setting to "fill screen" now doesnt fit

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Changed Setting to "fill screen" now doesnt fit

Post Jul 13th '19, 00:14

Hi, just downloaded the marathon series. but i think i broke the launcher. in preferences i changed the setting to "fill the screen" of my 1920 x 1080 display, but now everything is too big and the mouse doesnt line up with functions properly.

is there a .cfg file or something? how do i change the display to 1080p?

trex321

Post Jul 13th '19, 00:49

sorry didnt realise you could alt enter then change settings that way.

thanks.

trex321

Post Jul 13th '19, 01:26

There is a preferences file, for future reference. The location depends on your OS:

https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/a ... references

You can set whatever resolution you want there, pretty much. (I render most of my M2/Infinity films these days in 1440x1080 because the classic HUD, which I use, originally showed up in 4:3, and I want to keep that aspect old-school.) You might want to save a backup just in case you mess something up while manually editing, though, as otherwise the app will overwrite your default preferences. Anyway, hope that helps.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Jul 13th '19, 02:18

thanks The Man, duly noted.

trex321

Return to Marathon Discussion