Where To Find Apotheosis

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Apr 7th '11, 09:50

Prompt please where it is possible to download "Marathon: Apotheosis!"
To this address...
http://marathon.bungie.org/Orphanage/scenario_apotheosis.php
...the archive doesn't exist... In the Internet too was nothing...
But at a forum read such words
I've been stuck on level 13 of Apotheosis 'Meat Sprinkles' for ages now.
http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5934
Therefore it became interesting. Has been realized "Marathon: Apotheosis!"? Or it was the version for testing?
Last edited by Akuul on Apr 7th '11, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Akuul

Post Apr 7th '11, 16:01

Here's the thread where the partial release was announced: http://pfhorums.com/index.php?showtopic=2481

Unfortunately, it looks like the website where it was hosted is down. I don't know where you can find it now, if anywhere.
Last edited by thermoplyae on Apr 7th '11, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Apr 7th '11, 16:15

thermoplyae wrote:Here's the thread where the partial release was announced: http://pfhorums.com/index.php?showtopic=2481
Unfortunately, it looks like the website where it was hosted is down. I don't know where you can find it now, if anywhere.

It is a pity that I haven't seen these news.
It is a pity that there is no constant resource on which all was stored...

Akuul

Post Apr 7th '11, 16:57

Turns out I have "Apotheosis SSL" (I think Todd meant "SDL") in my games folder. I've made a zip file and am posting it here. I'm also moving this thread to Marathon Discussion and renaming it there, so other people looking for it will be able to find it.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Apr 8th '11, 04:40

irons wrote:Turns out I have "Apotheosis SSL" (I think Todd meant "SDL") in my games folder. I've made a zip file and am posting it here. I'm also moving this thread to Marathon Discussion and renaming it there, so other people looking for it will be able to find it.

Thank you very much [MUp]

Akuul

Post Apr 12th '11, 00:49

Akuul wrote:Prompt please where it is possible to download "Marathon: Apotheosis!"
To this address...
http://marathon.bungie.org/Orphanage/scenario_apotheosis.php
...the archive doesn't exist... In the Internet too was nothing...
But at a forum read such words
I've been stuck on level 13 of Apotheosis 'Meat Sprinkles' for ages now.
http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5934
Therefore it became interesting. Has been realized "Marathon: Apotheosis!"? Or it was the version for testing?

You had me worried there; I'd been too busy to check everything was OK with the website.... The Orphanage is still there as is what remains of Apotheosis. The project was abandoned so I can't offer any help, just whatever is available for download.

If necessary start with the link to the Orphanage home page.

Cathunter
Cathunter
Utopia Planitia

Post Apr 12th '11, 06:30

Cathunter wrote:The Orphanage is still there as is what remains of Apotheosis.

oh, nice! i was of the impression that the orphanage had been unmaintained for quite some time, so i didn't even check.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Apr 23rd '11, 00:26

thermoplyae wrote:oh, nice! i was of the impression that the orphanage had been unmaintained for quite some time, so i didn't even check.

Nothing's changed there in quite a while since I haven't found any new material to add :-) I was able to expand when I took it over simply by trawling through the s.b.o sites and emailing people who had fallen quiet about their projects; now it's a matter of grabbing people who say they are giving up on something, Apotheosis being an example of such. I did copy all the material to Fileball which did have relatively heavy traffic and where people could upload directly. Given some of the comments I've read about certain uploads to Simplici7y perhaps transferring material from there....

Cathunter
Cathunter
Utopia Planitia

Post Apr 23rd '11, 07:23

irons wrote:Turns out I have "Apotheosis SSL" (I think Todd meant "SDL") in my games folder. I've made a zip file and am posting it here. I'm also moving this thread to Marathon Discussion and renaming it there, so other people looking for it will be able to find it.

Thank you very much for uploading this! It's always nice to play a TC I've never encountered before, and this one seems pretty interesting, unfinished or not.

SellOutBoy

Post May 7th '11, 13:42

Cathunter wrote:You had me worried there; I'd been too busy to check everything was OK with the website.... The Orphanage is still there as is what remains of Apotheosis. The project was abandoned so I can't offer any help, just whatever is available for download.
If necessary start with the link to the Orphanage home page

Thanks. I have understood why it was impossible to download. [MSmile]
On pages of scenarios the reference to archive the following - ftp://ftp.bungie.org/orphanage/maps/*.zip
But if to open the list of all scenarios the reference to archive - ftp://ftp.bungie.org/orphanage/scenarios/*.zip

Akuul

Post May 8th '11, 15:41

Phoenix was a bland disappointment, but this was amazing. Why is there only 4 levels? [MFrown]
VikingBoyBilly

Post May 8th '11, 19:27

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Phoenix was a bland disappointment, but this was amazing. Why is there only 4 levels? [MFrown]

4 levels for Apotheosis? You sure you have the same download as every one else? I mean, yes the scenario is incomplete, but only because it's lacking an ending. Otherwise, there's 22 levels.
Last edited by L'howon on May 8th '11, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post May 9th '11, 02:36

i jump into a shallow pool and put the chip in and it teleports me to the epilogue screen and the game ends =/
VikingBoyBilly

Post May 9th '11, 03:15

Weird stuff happens with that teleport, try skipping to the level right after.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post May 10th '11, 13:12

You can level skip with aleph one? [MAngry]
How?
*puts on dunce cap*
VikingBoyBilly

Post May 10th '11, 15:14

VikingBoyBilly wrote:You can level skip with aleph one? [MAngry]
How?
*puts on dunce cap*

From the README
You can start the game at any level by holding the Shift and Control keys while clicking on the "Begin New Game" button on the main menu.
Last edited by treellama on May 10th '11, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post May 10th '11, 16:59

Dis wrote:Weird stuff happens with that teleport, try skipping to the level right after.

Huh, I've played through Apotheosis twice and never encountered that bug. Whats the name of the 4th level? I don't have it downloaded at the moment.

On a different note, Total Carnage for Phoenix is hard, but damn does Apotheosis rival it. Fuck the ninjas, seriously.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post May 11th '11, 19:43

Treellama wrote:From the README
[TEXT BLOCK]

So it's just like the original marathon XP
VikingBoyBilly

Post May 23rd '11, 21:20

Akuul wrote:Thanks. I have understood why it was impossible to download. [MSmile]
On pages of scenarios the reference to archive the following - ftp://ftp.bungie.org/orphanage/maps/*.zip
But if to open the list of all scenarios the reference to archive - ftp://ftp.bungie.org/orphanage/scenarios/*.zip

A bit slow off the mark but hopefully everything is now fixed :-) No doubt I've overlooked something...

Cathunter
Cathunter
Utopia Planitia

Post May 24th '11, 16:10

Cathunter wrote:A bit slow off the mark but hopefully everything is now fixed :-) No doubt I've overlooked something...
Cathunter

And I hope have found all that has been created for Windows_AlephOne
Now it is necessary to buy computer Apple. And to download all that it has been realized for the Universe Marathon. [MGrin]

Akuul

Post Jun 3rd '11, 18:20

I'm stuck on meat sprinkles. I really, really hate this level. I'm up to a part where there's a magenta armor on a platform that's a trap for things to start shooting you. And when you go down the other way, it leads you back to an outside area you've already been. This level's full of cryptic, contrived buttons and backtracking that racks my brain and its just so annoying because I have no idea where to go next.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jun 27th '11, 17:03

Akuul wrote:And I hope have found all that has been created for Windows_AlephOne

Can you help me out mate? There's nothing under fileball/scenarios except Harkozynx9forSDL10.zip. If someone could provide a link to this scenario for AlephOne that'd be great.

(Btw, at least half the scenarios listed under Solo at that site are corrupted. Tried to dl multiple times, can't even unzip. Typical ex:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\ChaietraInfinitus11.zip: CRC failed in Maps\Chai'etra Infinitus\M.A.D.D. Readme v1.5.txt. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\ChaietraInfinitus11.zip: CRC failed in Maps\Chai'etra Infinitus\Chai'etra Shapes. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\ChaietraInfinitus11.zip: The archive is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\ChaietraInfinitus11.zip: CRC failed in Maps\Chai'etra Infinitus\Chai'etra Physics.phy@. The file is corrupt )
exc052

Post Nov 12th '14, 13:38

Hey, I'm trying to get this scenario, I once played it on my PC but all the terminal pics were missing somehow, I would love to play it with them intact!

None of the links I can find work, when I try downloading from the orphanage, it asks for a username and password, and I don't see anywhere to sign up??
Mazaro

Post Nov 16th '14, 08:32

Apotheosis, despite being quite playable, was never fully finished. I'm pretty sure it was missing a few terminal pics on some levels.

I've uploaded Apotheosis here.

Nordevai

Post Nov 17th '14, 02:07

Thanks so much, mine had no terminal pics at all because the map file had been moved to a PC, which removed the resource fork.
Mazaro

Next

Return to Marathon Discussion