Revival

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Tycho ordered you to kill Durandal in M2. Yet in Fatum, he comes back, but doesnt really say how. How was he revived?
shongshong
Vidmaster

lol, im kinda guesing... backup files? it would suck to not back up somthing so expensive
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron
benedictg

From the M2 final screen:

"All late-model Pfhor personality constructs were based on sixty-four billion exobyte images of Tycho's core, taken during the years he was on the Pfhor homeworld between 2795 and 2801 AD. Though never as intelligent or useful as one of the Marathon's original three AIs, these machines helped the Pfhor delay their inevitable defeat by the S'pht for over fifty years. Many of these crippled clones of Tycho still exist today on old Pfhor colony worlds."

So yeah, they made copies.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Fatum is Moo right? I assumed he was just alive on that particular timeline.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob
oteito
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote: Tycho ordered you to kill Durandal in M2. Yet in Fatum, he comes back, but doesnt really say how. How was he revived?
remember he fusioned with the spht AI, maybe he copied himself and let the copied himself being captured, then destroyed, after trasfering his experiences he got back and transfered himself -again- into a Jjaro juggernaught

that my guess, but it seems most likely -to me- since that's what i got from reading the terminals, and also hamish sinclair said something in marathon.bungie.org that made me see this
LOL