marathon for ipad

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Jun 26th '11, 14:20

discuss
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jun 26th '11, 15:35

Disclaimer: Didn't think before posting this.
You'd think the dev at least would mention it's a fork of Aleph One.
Last edited by Dis on Jun 26th '11, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Jun 26th '11, 16:27

It's possible Bungie.net edited his replies. He seemed pretty supportive of the project in the thread he started here.

It's also possible, that--since we told him we regrettably can't officially endorse any app store binary, until there is a change to the app store submission process to make it friendlier to the open source community--he is being extra careful not to even mention the project. That wasn't my intention by being explicit about that, but miscommunication happens.

I don't think there can be much fruitful discussion about the iPad port until it hits the store and we can all see the presentation and how it behaves.
Last edited by treellama on Jun 26th '11, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 26th '11, 18:56

Thanks for all your insight into this topic, VikingBoyBilly. You really opened my eyes.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jul 7th '11, 05:44

Marathon for iPad now available.

Was he planning on doing the rest of the series or just M1A1?
Last edited by Zott on Jul 7th '11, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jul 7th '11, 16:50

Zott wrote:Marathon for iPad now available.

Was he planning on doing the rest of the series or just M1A1?

God please don't tell me the PID hallway is in there...now people introduced to Marathon are going to think that's canon.

Ares Ex Machina

Post Jul 7th '11, 17:38

Ares Ex Machina wrote:God please don't tell me the PID hallway is in there...now people introduced to Marathon are going to think that's canon.

Nope you start where you belong.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 8th '11, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 7th '11, 18:00

According to TouchArcade there is a high resolution texture pack DLC available for $3.99. Does anyone know if this is something new or did he make a deal with an author of one of the existing packs?
Image Image

interion

Post Jul 7th '11, 18:08

Tim wrote:According to TouchArcade there is a high resolution texture pack DLC available for $3.99. Does anyone know if this is something new or did he make a deal with an author of one of the existing packs?

It is TTEP 7. He mentioned in the iPad thread that he had contacted Tim Vogel.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 7th '11, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 7th '11, 23:34

Treellama wrote:It is TTEP 7. He mentioned in the iPad thread that he had contacted Tim Vogel.

[MDown] I understand the reasoning, I just don't agree with it. I strongly believe anything we make for Marathon should be free. After all, Bungie made it free for us.

Ares Ex Machina

Post Jul 7th '11, 23:35

Treellama wrote:Nope you start where you belong.

Cool!

Ares Ex Machina

Post Sep 15th '11, 06:41

t's also possible, that--since we told him we regrettably can't officially endorse any app store binary, until there is a change to the app store submission process to make it friendlier to the open source community--he is being extra careful not to even mention the project. That wasn't my intention by being explicit about that, but miscommunication happens.
Robberson

Return to Marathon Discussion